3400 rear manifold with a 3100 downpipe? how?

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
Luckymc420

Re: 3400 rear manifold with a 3100 downpipe? how?

Post by Luckymc420 »

3X00-Modified wrote:This is standard 3400swap guide info too, I do not know why your even asking this question.
Maybe he asked it cause he couldn't find it on the guide. Or maybe he forgot. No need to be such a... This is a forum its made for questions and comments. Just saying.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

So bring this thread back up from the dead to start an argument with a Mod?

There is a 3400 swap guide on 60degree you can download and right in it, it says this
Exhaust Manifolds: If your 3400 didn’t come with any exhaust manifolds, the 3100’s should fit. I
would use the 3400 ones though; they are larger than the 3.1’s from what I’ve heard. When you use the
3400’s manifolds, you will have to have the exhaust down pipe from a 3400 in order for you to be able to
connect it to your 94 or 95’s current exhaust system. The only way that you can connect the 3400 to the 94
or 95’s exhaust system is to have it brought in to an exhaust shop. The 3400’s exhaust sits farther to the
right (passenger side firewall) than the 3100’s. This means you have to have a custom pipe bent in order to
have it work (Most likely not a at home project). There will be a tight squeeze between the firewall and the
pipe, but it will fit. Basically all that the exhaust shop needs is the head of the down pipe. They won’t be
able to use 3100’s down piping because it has a dual layer design (which is not worth even trying to make
work, since it will be a lot cheaper to have a new pipe put in instead.).
Sorry but when you do absolutely NO research on the project your attempting to complete you will get somewhat rash replies since there are many posts regarding this topic.

I also uploaded the original 3400swap.com guide in june to a thread which I just found by simply searching 3400 downpipe, it would have given him all the answers he needed... Sorry but laziness just pisses me off.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Luckymc420

Post by Luckymc420 »

I didn't know threads were considered dead after 2 months. I don't care if your a mod. If anything you should be setting an example on how to respectfully post to someone. You don't have to respond to someone who asks a question that you think is stupid or is lazy.
Sorry but being cocky pisses me off.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

There is a difference between being cocky and asking why the OP never did any research before posting the question. You read it as Cocky, I read it as a statement with a question in it... I was expecting back an answer of I never searched for 3400 downpipe or the guide, but got no reply on that, instead just another post of info that was completely disregarding my full reply.

It's very hard to pick up someones tone or how they are expressing something over the internet and if your a very defensive person then you will read any and all statements as cocky regardless of how they are written.

And thread revival I'm more referring to the subject matter, Not one person commented on what I replied with and after 2 months you finally decide to call me out on my "Cocky" comment... I find that to be unnecessary and only trying to start a fight. If there was an issue it would have already been brought to light before your post.

And with the way Slinky was replying with incomplete info, not reading my posts and putting words in my mouth I got to the point where I could care less and thats when "setting and example" is thrown out the window.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Robert 89gt

Post by Robert 89gt »

I've known jon for years now.And ask him the same questions all the time.He never makes me feel dumb for asking anything or wanting to learn new stuff=)

timgerman

Post by timgerman »

wicked-irocz wrote:Where do you live slinky? I could just make you one thats right.
Anyone have for sale or can make and sell me a custom lower intake manifold with correct flange for a 3400 swap on a z26? PM me.

Thanks,
tim

'95 Z26 Black