Wheels not hub centric?

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
90GTZHO

Re: Wheels not hub centric?

Post by 90GTZHO »

I have a set of MSR 17X7.5s that center themselved only on the studs cause the hub bore is freakin huge. Even on my malibu hubs they still dont sit on the hubs. I just loosly put on a couple of lugnuts and tighten them slowly down opposite from each other and i never have any ballance issues. Come to think of it, all the aftermarket wheels i have had on my car have never been hub centered, just with the lug nuts. I always thought hub rings were more for the imports that require hub centering cause the lugs do not do it on their own, like Saabs and BMWs.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
Barry
Global Moderator

Re: Wheels not hub centric?

Post by Barry »

Mine center on the lugs too, not a issue. Rings do help for German cars like you said with bolts, but all those people should convert to studs anyway if they remove their wheels often.

Hubcentric wheels have their tolerances, if it was a super tight fit wheels would be really hard to get off. Any tiny off centering due to warped lugs or something will not be fixed by rings unless you seriously messed something up.