Lug nut specs

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
DOHC_tuner

Lug nut specs

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Simple question. Does anymore know the exact lug nut specifications for a 1990 Beretta GTZ?

My lugs need replacing and I plan to buy some colored lug nuts on ebay to add some appeal to the car while im at it.

SuzukiGhostRider

Re: Lug nut specs

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

m12x1.5

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Cool thanks...what color do you think I should go with? My GTZ is all white. And open end or closed end?

SuzukiGhostRider

I'm grabbing a set off of there (open ended) in blue for my Quasar. I'm going with a slightly longer than stock styler in case of later upgrades.

In your case I truly think white OR black could look good. Possibly gold might even look pretty sweet.

I'm going with something like this I think. Or the second pic, not sure yet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/U-MUTEKI-SR48-LUG-N ... 255c45c4e4

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CU-MUTEK ... 6040wt_939

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I think closed end lugs finish off a look much better. Open ended to me just seems like there is something missing... Doesn't seem necessary for our cars since our studs aren't overly long and there would be no need to run overly long studs as well.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Okay cool....those are the exact ones I was looking at getting. Same seller too. So the acorn style is what Im looking for??? And they will fit with the GTZ wheels?

Yeah Im unsure if I want open or closed end.

Dont freak out but Im sort of considering these now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-MUTEKI ... 0540297257

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Longer nuts are good for aftermarket wheels that have deep lug holes. I use stock lugs on my wheels and its a pain to get them started with your fingers.

Make sure you buy decent lugs. Being a drifter, I sometimes have to swap wheels like 8 times in 1 day, so the lugs get a lot of wear. I have seen cheap lugs strip out and people have to get really crafty at the track to get their wheel off.

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

So it is the acorn style then right?

SuzukiGhostRider

Matter of opinion I think in the end. Acorns may give a nicer aesthetic to some people while others like myself may prefer the open ended lug nuts.

Just make sure if you get acorns they have a 57mm length as that's what's required for a Beretta.

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Okay im confused now cause this is the acorn style that I mean....

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj11 ... tchart.jpg

And I emailed the company selling them on ebay and this is what they wrote:

"90 GTZ has thread pitch 12x1.5

However, it also depends on your wheel.

Pls check if your wheel has 60 degree taper (acorn seat).. U may refer to the diagram we have on listing for more information about seating.

FYI, SIZE OF LUG NUT: WIDTH 22mm / LENGTH 48mm / DIAMETER OF KEY 24mm

Pls check to ensure if your wheel has 60 degree taper (acorn seat) and size of nuts fit on wheel and your need before purchasing the item"

So basically I need to know does the "ACORN" style lug nut work on the GTZ wheels? This has nothing to do with open or closed end.

And as far as the length....is that the length of thread with in the lug nut or is the the total length of the lug nut? Cause those open ended one's look longer than the stock ones and are only listed as 48mm....and suzukighost is sayin the GTZ requires a longer lug nut?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sgr acorn is referring to the taper type not the closed or open end.

And yes look at a stock lugnut they are a 60° angle not a flat or round ball type.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SuzukiGhostRider

Really? Wow, thanks for enlightening me Jon.

I KNOW what acorn and open ended mean, thus my post above and WHY I pointed out the need to be SURE the length of 57mm was correct IF ACORNS WERE PURCHASED. Alot of cars come with a m12 with a 1.5 twist. Subaru, Honda, Ford, etc.

So while the lug nut ACORN may screw on, it could be too short if the incorrect length.

Yes, our lugs have the 60* taper.

While I already knew "acorns" refers to the degree taper on the lug, it is a commonly used term by laymen to describe an capped lug nut, not open ended.

Seriously, why do you feel the need to try and one up me or correct me as if I'm a child in every thread? It's more than a little insulting.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

In Jons defense, I was about to post the same thing. In this case acorn was referring to the taper. I knew what you meant, Jon was just clarifying for the sake of the op and others reading.

No need to be defensive

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

I'll be a third on that one... If someone asks me for a standard acorn nut at work, they get this..

Although for alloy wheels, the bulge seat lug nut is much nicer on the wheels, and doesn't let the socket bottom out.

Cliff Scott
SuzukiGhostRider

Well, if that was what he meant (to clarify for others who might have misunderstood) ok then. I don't know if any of you have seen pics of my shop or not , but if you have you've seen the hundreds of tires at it. Half of our business is selling and mounting tires and associated hardware and the other half is auto mechanics.