oem tires are expensive! where to get cheap?

Have a favorite combination? Need new tires? What size wheels fit a Beretta? Ask here...
themadness

oem tires are expensive! where to get cheap?

Post by themadness »

junkyards dont have any and the used places want atleast 275 bux per set. where is the best place to pick up wheels that wont kill the budget? factory or aftermarket?

i have noticed that most wheel dealers only sell 17's and larger. even 16 inch wheels are getting rare

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Re: oem tires are expensive! where to get cheap?

Post by heavywoody »

car-part.com

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Tires or WHEELS? crap, you can buy a brand new set of tires for $324. Falken's. ALL tires have gone way up anymore. 14's and 15's that used to be $25-$40 are $60 and up anymore new.

$275 for a set of used tires is retarded. $50 less than a BRAND NEW SET with a warrranty? Come on....

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... r=55&rd=16

themadness

Post by themadness »

275 for the wheels
75 each for the tires
all used

sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

tirerack.com

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Damn. You guys are obviously into cheap tires.

Every set I have ever put on the car, 500 every time. Even the last set was 500 bucks. And I can't get the Eagle GA's anymore, had to go with RSA's this round. Bit softer tire I'm finding. The GA's were averaging for me around 75 - 80k per set. Rated at 40k. These RSA's are probably going to be dead by the time I get 40-50k on them. So lets see. I am on my 4th set of tires. I went through 3 sets of GA's (including the ones that came with the car), and now on the RSA's since 110k. 131k now and they look near half life. The only reason I got 75-80k on the GA's, is because every year the car got the alignment checked and tires re balanced. I also ran them 3-5 lbs over. Since I moved up here, really haven't had it to an alignment place, but its still driving true, no issues.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

I've always gotten cheaper harder compound tires. they ride just fine and last forever and take a beating. which is what i need. haha

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

DTMAce wrote:Damn. You guys are obviously into cheap tires.

Every set I have ever put on the car, 500 every time. Even the last set was 500 bucks. And I can't get the Eagle GA's anymore, had to go with RSA's this round. Bit softer tire I'm finding. The GA's were averaging for me around 75 - 80k per set. Rated at 40k. These RSA's are probably going to be dead by the time I get 40-50k on them. So lets see. I am on my 4th set of tires. I went through 3 sets of GA's (including the ones that came with the car), and now on the RSA's since 110k. 131k now and they look near half life. The only reason I got 75-80k on the GA's, is because every year the car got the alignment checked and tires re balanced. I also ran them 3-5 lbs over. Since I moved up here, really haven't had it to an alignment place, but its still driving true, no issues.
You are driving like a woman. I get around 13k out of a brand new set haha. I dont waste my good tires on burnouts, but I do push them every day so they wear quickly.

Nothing wrong with used tires. I have a guy I go to that gets me 9-11/32 of tread name brand tires. I got a set of 225/45/17 potenza's for like 175 dollars I think.

If you roll with 15's or 16's you can just go around to tire shops and find good singles and mount them yourself with a manual tire machine and get tons of miles out of them. I have burned probably over 100 tires now drifting and I ahvent ever paid a dime for one. Balancing is over rated.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

I most certainly do NOT drive like a woman. I get on her every damn day I drive it. Between taking corners hard and lots of hard take offs... No, this car has never been babied since I bought it. I have a heavy foot, and proud of it. The only except is when taking trips, I tend to stick to speed limits, that's about it. The only reason the damn tires last so long, is because I TAKE CARE OF THEM. That's the ticket. I just know these RSA's are not going to last as long as the GA's did.

You ask any of the islanders around here about how I drive, they will answer with crazy fast. LOL

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

90INDYLIN

Post by 90INDYLIN »

Assurance TripleTred(Passenger All-Season) best all around tire !!!

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Ah, the Goodyear Assurance. I have a couple sets. One for the GTZ, one on my '05 F150 atm.

Ace, I don't think he's looking for high end tires. Falkens aren't exactly garbage. Now , Hankook, THAT'S garbage. I can't understand all the raving on this board about Hankook's. They came stock on my truck and are bar none, the worst tire I've ever owned.

OP: Just was trying to point out you can get brand new tires for about $5 more a tire from www.discounttire.com , they come with a warranty and shipping is free! I believe Tire Rack charges shipping.

$75 a USED tire is nothing short of flat retarded. The used tire guys around here sell 50%-75% tread tires in MATCHED sets for $120-$140 mounted and balanced. 17's and up are $175 a set. You're being ripped off.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

You cant judge a tire company based upon your experience with a single model of tire. Most companies have many different levels of tires.

However, MASTERCRAFT has to be the worst tire I have ever delt with. They literally just blow up when they get real hot. Tread chunking almost every time your pushing them. Absolute garbage.

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

DTMAce wrote:I most certainly do NOT drive like a woman. I get on her every damn day I drive it. Between taking corners hard and lots of hard take offs... No, this car has never been babied since I bought it. I have a heavy foot, and proud of it. The only except is when taking trips, I tend to stick to speed limits, that's about it. The only reason the damn tires last so long, is because I TAKE CARE OF THEM. That's the ticket. I just know these RSA's are not going to last as long as the GA's did.

You ask any of the islanders around here about how I drive, they will answer with crazy fast. LOL

The fact that you have a 3100 means you baby it to me lol. No matter how hard you get on it!
:runsies:

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
90INDYLIN

Post by 90INDYLIN »

Goodyear Triple Treds...$524 205/55-16 you usually get what you pay for. warranty of 6 yr/ 80,000 mi. what...less than $100 per yr.......

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Chad91GTZ wrote:The fact that you have a 3100 means you baby it to me lol. No matter how hard you get on it!
:runsies:
Hey now, I had a 3100 for a long time; untouched internally. It definitely wasn't driven easy, regardless of when it was an auto or a stick. I peg legged many times after I got my Enkei's on and had the 5spd swap done... haha. Worn down the front right to the wear bars and had to swap the fronts on.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions