Cruise Control vacuum line

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
undergnd

Cruise Control vacuum line

Post by undergnd »

Hi ppl,
As some of you may know, after solving the gas smell problem, I'm still having some idle issues.

Tonight I was looking the engine bay, searching for a vacuum leak and found this strange thing (A) that has been glued by the last owner. After making some investment figured out that was something related with the cruise control, because one of the vacuum lines go to the cruise control servo. As you can see in the picture, the vacuum line runs to the driver side and splits at point (B), next to the servo. At this point, one line goes to the CC servo and the other one was in the middle of nowhere (C).

Well, when I bought the Beretta, the turn signal lever was broken and without the cruise control on/off switch. Also, the cruise control buttons were missing (V shaped steering wheel), so I assumed that everything was disabled.

After all your help and researching some web pages, I figured out that a vacuum line is maybe one of the main causes for idle issues. So, here are the questions:

1. Do you think that vacuum line (C) is one of the causes for the idling issues?
2. How to make sure that the cruise control system is completely disabled? Any fuse to pull out?
3. Where does the vacuum line (C) goes. Where to attach it?

Thank you so much.

88 Beretta V6 2.8 M/T
Weird car in Peru, weird member in Bnet
ifixalot

Re: Cruise Control vacuum line

Post by ifixalot »

Yes a leaking vacuum line can cause idle problems. Plug it, maybe take that "T" off and direct couple it.

Look at your fuse panel and see if cruise is on a separate fuse but since the buttons are gone and there would be no vacuum source, it would not engage. It also looks like you have a big hole in the rubber diaphragm so it would not work
anyway.

The vacuum line should go someplace on the opposite side of the rubber diaphragm but I don't have a 88 to compare
but what difference does it make since the cruise is a long way from working condition.

CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

I have an 88 v6 I removed my cruise control, I will have a peek under my hood a bit later and trace where that line goes I'm sure I just plugged it.

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

The line you have labeled as "C" should go to a vacuum reservoir. It's a big plastic ball with a vacuum port on it. Should be almost right below that area if I remember right....

Cliff Scott
undergnd

Post by undergnd »

Wow. There is light of hope in the way to get rid off the idling issues.
I'll take a look again later and try your solutions.
@CorvetteBeretta: Please, I'll appreciate if you can provide me further info your new setup after removing the CC. Just to make sure that I won't destroy my car :roll:
Thank you guys! You're the best. :good:

88 Beretta V6 2.8 M/T
CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

I'm pretty sure cliff is right
You won't destroy your car. Did u try plugging the line? Pinch it see if its better

undergnd

Post by undergnd »

Ok. I'll see. Thank you!

88 Beretta V6 2.8 M/T
undergnd

Post by undergnd »

As Cliff said, found the vacuum reservoir and plugged it in. I'll take a ride and see what happens. thank you!!

88 Beretta V6 2.8 M/T