90 Indy starts and stalls immediately

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
AeraBell

Re: 90 Indy starts and stalls immediately

Post by AeraBell »

I'm having the same problem with my 91 gt.. how do I test the injectors? It's the 3.1l

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

You have to put an ohm meter across the terminals of each injector. It should read about 11-12 ohms.
I'm not sure if there is a harness that you can disconnect but then you'd need a pin-out for the harness.
On the 3.1, I think you need to pull the upper plenum to get at the injectors.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

3X00-Modified wrote:One injector can kill a whole bank on MPFI... I know it made it nearly impossible for my Indy to run with a bad one.
I believe its also supposed to shut off the injectors if an injector coil goes bad.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's not "supposed" to do that, it's just the fact that they are wired in only two banks/circuits front and rear the injectors are in parallel on each bank. So if one goes bad then the whole bank is compromised, resistance on the whole thing changes. SFI engines have a individual circuit for each injector so if one goes bad then it only kills that one circuit, not the whole bank.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Yah I remember seeing the wiring diagram, 2 banks each bank has 3 injectors together.
I have to look in the book again, I remembered reading somewhere a long time ago that the ecm checks the injectors resistance by looking at the voltage/current somehow and disables the drivers to prevent damage to the ecm/engine. I also remember pulling the plug off 1 injector on a working set and the engine wouldn't get any fuel on any cylinder by doing that. It was an 88 beretta gt, 2.8 auto, like 15 ish years ago.