Problem beretta 2.8v6 1988 difficult start

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
marisfoto

Problem beretta 2.8v6 1988 difficult start

Post by marisfoto »

At first I apologize for my spelling. Im from Poland. I have a problem with my beretta GT 2.8 v6 1988. It is difficult to fire, the crate is automatic.
When the drive (D) is thrown, the car latches and chokes.
I replaced the sensor map, lambda sensor, spark plugs, ignition cables and transceiver sensor (tps).
Auto does not show rare errors.

GT_Indy

Re: Problem beretta 2.8v6 1988 difficult start

Post by GT_Indy »

Idle in P and N, dies in D and R.

This is typically the TCC solenoid having failed.
Try unplugging the TCC connector on the transmission, it is a temporary fix but ideally the TCC solenoid needs replaced.
It can be replaced without removing the transmission, but space is a little tight.
I attached a photo of what it looks like behind the transmission side cover, the TCC solenoid is right on the side behind the cover. Sorry for the blurry photo, my camera wasn't working correctly that day.
Attachments
20161127_145027.jpg

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

The TCC connector is in the upper left corner behind the black wire harness.
You can't really see it in this pic.
You don't have to remove the pan to unplug the tcc connector to see if that is the problem.
These early v-6's seem to have a lot of injector problems. You might want to check those out too.

GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Yes, unpluging it is easy, my post is more so if you verified its broken and wanted to replace it.