HELP HELP HELPPPP LOOKING FOR HELP

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

Post by Guest »

Ok I know this is a long shot, But i am in plymouth indiana and I have a 1995 Beretta and she is a great car. But here is my problem, There is an eletrical problem and I cant seem to find a good and honest shop that will fix the problem right. they keep changing parts that never needed changing to start with. We have changed the fuel pump relay, battery,alternator and the last shop said they rewired it under the dask and still she will  hold a charge for a while and then boom, she quites on me again!! I love my car and i dont want to have to sale her. ( she is my baby LOL) The other thing that I have noticed is that the turn signals have slowed down and the clock light will come and go ( it has done this since I gotten) PLEASE IM BEGGING for someone out there to help me my name Yahoo name is angel_leea96 and my email is angel_leea96@yahoo.com

AquaZ26

Post by AquaZ26 »

You should repost this in the "diagnostic help" section for more visibility and response.

oldadmin

Post by oldadmin »

Moved to more appropriate forum.

docrodg

Post by docrodg »

Well, something is draining the juice from the battery.  Figuring out what is the fun part.  

Basically there are two ways to do this and find the true culprit.  The first is the hard way, the other just takes awhile longer.

First option:  Get a clamp ammeter and go thru the whole dang car power circuits (remove the fuse block to make it easier) looking for what is draining the battery when off.  Something is causing a drain and the circuits that are powered on will cause the ammeter to twitch up.

Second Option:  Pull a fuse and see if it helps.  If it doesn't that is your drain circuit and you can start checking everything out to see what is causing it.

This could be real simple, like a trunk light that won't turn off.  

A way to make it work without fixing the issue is to get a battery disconnect (assuming the charging circuit is ok, but new alternator and battery it should be) and just d/c the battery when you park.

aintlifegrand

Post by aintlifegrand »

fusible link to alternator, perhaps?

leadfoot93

Post by leadfoot93 »

ih you got a multimeter for 20 bucks at a hardware stor with the neddle shaped ends you could just pull ou a fuse from the block and stick in the meter to test it instead of removing the whole thing and testing the back with clamps. ÂÂÂ which ever one is carring a voltage or a current would be your source.  Your Fuseable link doesn't really have a fart to do with a short but if it's burned out then maybe.  If your car doesn't die for a week (assuming you drive it daily) between charges than it is mostlikely not the alternator as the battery only holds a couple hours of running juice for the motor only not counting lights and accesories

foot in the floor mpg about 8

Post by Guest »

Thanks Guys!! I guess I kind of goofed up on posting this in the wrong forum. This saturday I am taking in to have it put on a computer!!
So maybe I can find the problem then. I know im sick of not having a car to drive LOL

leadfoot93

Post by leadfoot93 »

when you take it on to have it put on the computer you might not find it.  If you dought the charging or the battery make sure they "check the charging system."  If they can't find anything your going to have to test through the fuse block

foot in the floor mpg about 8
dar

Post by dar »

some cars have under the hood light that could be malfunctioning