Fan still won't come on

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
BerettaLove32

Fan still won't come on

Post by BerettaLove32 »

I changed the relay and it still isn't coming on. Anythign else I should check before I try another fan from the junk yard?

1988GTU

Fan still won't come on

Post by 1988GTU »

Try giving direct 12v and ground to the fan itself only?
If that works, then its got to be a wiring issue up in the harness that might have got cut/melted.

_________
-------------
Lucky-Z

Fan still won't come on

Post by Lucky-Z »

yea my fan pooped on me and i had to give it direct power(i hooked it up to one of the fuses that turns on when my cars does).That way i cant forget to hit a toogle switch and then the car over heat. I still dont know were it messed up at

$500 for car $39.95 for intake gasket and i have a 1994 z26 3100 with 140000 miles on the ticker.
cramez

Fan still won't come on

Post by cramez »

Try unplugging the fan and feeding 12 volts directly to it off the battery.  If the fan turns on then, it's not the fan motor itself.  Check on the bottom of the electrical box where the relay was, and look at the 4 wires that lead into the relay.  Check and make sure no connections/grounds are green or loose.  

Is this the 93 or 94?  I'll check the wiring diagrams later, I've got them both.

2002 Monte Carlo SS - Daily Driver
1984 Z28 - 355/5-speed
1978 Jeep CJ-5 Renegade
1955 house - sucks up all the car money

Ebay Beretta Parts (changes weekly): http://motors.shop.ebay.com/cramez/m.html?...from=&_ipg=