Major Overheating Problem

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...

Post by Guest »

Radiator overheating.  Put in New Radiator (old one was cracked down the side), new Temp sensor under thermostate, New Thermostate, New Radiator Fan control relay, new Pig tail to Temp Sensor.

Still Overheating, Fan will Not come on.  Have even reset computer.

What else is there beside the water pump?  Any help please, I have to return to work soon. (Tuesday that is, 50 miles drive.)  My beretta wont last much longer like this.  Please can any help.

OH, Here is my car:
92 Beretta, 3.1 L no mods or anything as of yet. (NO EXTRA CASH)  I have had this car since 94 and I really really do not want to give it up..

Can't remember how to get the error codes out using the paper clip.  I know you can cause I have done it but just can't remember.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Post by Guest »

Have you tried turning on the Air Conditioner or Bi/Level until we find the solution?                               tilleyev

Post by Guest »

Have tried everything now.  Even a/c bi/lev and all.  Even had a flush done to it.

Extra Notes:  while checking the overheating problem we might have found the problem.

Catalytic converter: Had over heated and was making the heat shield start to smoke.  Had a block test done as well and no problem.  So might have caught it in time.  Since the CC is messed up and not allowing air flow out, it is heating up the exhust and part of that is right next to the Temp Sensor.  While Temp Reads in the Red Zone, you can put your finger in the coolant and it like bath water.

Will update when this is taken care of and get back to you all.

Thanks.