Codes 62 and 66

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Racing_Rush

Codes 62 and 66

Post by Racing_Rush »

What are the codes 62 and 66.

I have just removed my rear muffler so they might have something to do with less backpressure.  Cars running prefectly fine though.

1991 Cavalier Z24- Racing seats, MSD wires, relocated MSD coils, 2.5" exhaust, ported exhaust manifolds, high volume oil pump, poly grafite front end, 92+ brake upgrade, drilled and slotted rotors, 1.5" lowering, 17" Klasse wheels...

Future Plans: 18's, paint, rear discs, more horsepower...

Codes 62 and 66

Post by Guest »

Code 62 is Transaxle gear switch signal circuits fault
Code 66 is Air conditioning pressure sensor or circuit

Assuming you have an automatic trans, the code 62 could be a failing TCC solenoid, or perhaps a bad VSS. ÂÂÂ And, check for loose or disconnected wires to these sensors.  Do you have cruise control?  If so, there might be a fault there, as well.  I had a code 62 set some time ago, and it ended up being a problem with the cruise control circuit board.

The code 66 could be either a disconnected, or failing high and/or low-pressure switches on the refrigerant line.  Or, they might be working perfectly, and the ECM might be trying to tell you that your refrigerant is either too low or too high.  Have you added refrigerant or modified your a/c recently?

Hope this helps.