Problems Controlling air temperature

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
Scanman88GT

Post by Scanman88GT »

I've been experiencing a problem the last few days and wonder if it could be vacuum related?? All I can get is warm or hot air blowing out of my vents no matter where the temperature control is in my 88GT.

I had the radio out over the weekend to replace it and I had to unplug that rubber connector with the different colored plastic tubing lines in it, which goes into the back of the controls for the AC.

My AC hasn't worked for some time now. Is it possible that I got the rubber connector on 180 degrees out? I don't think I twisted it putting it back on, but who knows? It has an alignment pin on eother side of it at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions. Can anyone tell me what the colors are for the tubes that are on the passenger side of this connector? That would tell me whether I have this thing on backwards or not.

The warm air will be nice this winter, but it's a little much right now.
Are there any vacuum connections under the hood which would tie into this and perhaps hold open or closed one of those flapper doors which are usually part of the air ducting under the dash? Any useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scanman88GT

oldadmin

Post by oldadmin »

(Scanman88GT @ Oct. 09 2006,20:17)QUOTEI've been experiencing a problem the last few days and wonder if it could be vacuum related?? All I can get is warm or hot air blowing out of my vents no matter where the temperature control is in my 88GT.

I had the radio out over the weekend to replace it and I had to unplug that rubber connector with the different colored plastic tubing lines in it, which goes into the back of the controls for the AC.

My AC hasn't worked for some time now. Is it possible that I got the rubber connector on 180 degrees out? I don't think I twisted it putting it back on, but who knows? It has an alignment pin on eother side of it at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions. Can anyone tell me what the colors are for the tubes that are on the passenger side of this connector? That would tell me whether I have this thing on backwards or not.

The warm air will be nice this winter, but it's a little much right now.
Are there any vacuum connections under the hood which would tie into this and perhaps hold open or closed one of those flapper doors which are usually part of the air ducting under the dash? Any useful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scanman88GT
I would pull the radio back out and make sure that the vaccum lines are on tight and there are no rips or cracks in the lines.

I had this same problem on my 89 when I installed the first radio I had accidentaly cut the lines and all I got was hot air all the time.

Scanman88GT

Post by Scanman88GT »

Thanks, Bryan. I'll pop the radio back out this weekend and check it out.

docrodg

Post by docrodg »

All I get is hot air all the time too, but that's cuz my wife is in the car

If your internal vacuum lines are all connected then try checking under the hood, there is a line for the HVAC coming off thinteke manifold, check the sticker for details.