Tach Help?

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
wht96

Tach Help?

Post by wht96 »

OK, well i picked up a cluster from a beretta Z26, i made sure It contianed the 3100. SUpposedly you can swap the new cluster in with no mods?? but when i did this the tach doesnt work. Is there something else that i need to know or switch?? I already know i have to change the oil pressure sensor in order to get that to work. SPeaking of wich i have no idea where thats located.  i think it might be the one on the very bottom of the oil pan, but like i said im not sure.   ANy ideas on how i could get all these things to work i really want the new cluster. i hate dummy lights... BTW my car is a 96 base with the 3100... thanks for the help in advance....

wht96

Tach Help?

Post by wht96 »

i also forgot, anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights???  if its easy to do i'ld like to know...thanks

90GTZHO

Tach Help?

Post by 90GTZHO »

you have a 96 car which is OBDII, if you grabbed a cluster from a 94-95, then certain things arent going to work properly.  If you have a 96, you need a 96 cluster.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
IsaacHayes

Tach Help?

Post by IsaacHayes »

Odd.. I have a 94 and I could swear the wrecked car was a 96 my cluster is from... Maybe not? Well I know my tach works...

But mixing ODBII/ODBI could very likely cause that....

Oil pressure sending unit is above oil filter kind of by the starter motor wires.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
wht96

Tach Help?

Post by wht96 »

thanks for the help i dont have the extra money at the moment to go and get a new tach. who knows maybe its just shot?? thanks again. and your sure the oil pressure sensor is above the oil filter ... on a 3100? just wanna double check thanx...

rweatherford

Tach Help?

Post by rweatherford »

You might want to check to see that your car has the tach wires in the dash connector.  If you look at the back of the IC you can read the circuit and see which wires you would need.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)