so i have been chasing this steering wheel vibration...

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
themadness

Re: so i have been chasing this steering wheel vibration...

Post by themadness »

i did a little inspecting after few google searches. on the inside of the front passenger side there is a ridge that none of the other tires have. runs from the lip of the rim to the tread. hard to see, but enough to cast a little shadow in the right light. hopefully(sounds weird) that is the bad guy and some tires will fix it. drove just a little while ago.....loop-loop....womp womp womp......relaxing rhythm despite its cause.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

first off, stop driving it if it's that bad or put the spare on, your not being smart driving it making that noise.

And yes usually a sidewall bulge or ripple can be a sign of a bad belt, also the flatness of a tire will show that. Take it off and see how straight it rolls or if it has a really bad angle to it.

I got a sidewall egg on one of my tires on my legacy and I bought new tires within a day, it's not smart to drive with something like that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

its hot as horse patties right now so i'm gonna get working later this evening. not driving anymore today since i dont have anything to do. callin around to get the best prices. the shop i normally use doesnt have the size in stock

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Thats odd... 205/55/16, or 195/70/14 and even 205/60/15 are all pretty common sizes.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themadness

Post by themadness »

well so far every place i have called said they would have to order.......dont even have used sets......different size?

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

16 inch tires are getting pretty rare actually, which is quite odd. I have to call the used tire place twice a week for a month before I get a full set for the beater. Been that way for a few years.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
themadness

Post by themadness »

i found a place in town with a full set for 125 mounted and balanced.....heading down tomorrow. also found me a treasure a couple hours away that i refuse to tell anyone about..... :twisted: