Turbo addition

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
camcore

Turbo addition

Post by camcore »

Ive been thinking about throwing a turbo charger on my 1992 Beretta GT 3.1 liter engine and I was wonder if any of you have done this, how hard is it to do and what kind of spacing should I be worried about. if anyone has do they have any suggestions for what brand and that. I would like something with a fairly loud blow off valve. I not too worried about power addition. I jut enjoy the look and sound of the turbo charger. thanks in advance.

Slinky

Re: Turbo addition

Post by Slinky »

Probably the easiest route for you would be to get a Turbo TGP Set up and just put it on your engine they came stock in turbo grand Prix's And had 3.1 L in them just like your engine

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
Rettax3

Re: Turbo addition

Post by Rettax3 »

:pardon: For the time and/or money you would need to put in to this to keep your car reliable, I just can't see it being worth while just for the look and sound... Has anyone played with those fake whistler exhaust things? They are cheap, all over ebay, and they don't really require any time commitments to screw in place.

Otherwise, like Slinky said, a TGP setup from '89 or '90 would be the easiest way to go, but they are rare in most areas -I think Ronaconda found one or two where he's at... You could ask him for some help sourcing parts. I personally prefer Garrett or IHI, neither are super cheap or really expensive. A cheaper ebay-special might be a better option for you if you don't care about performance though.

Good luck...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26