Rodney Dickman shift cables

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
1988GTU

Re: Rodney Dickman shift cables

Post by 1988GTU »

how much $ @ 300?

_________
-------------
speedy

Post by speedy »

Enought to cost thousands. Thing is if we got the longest lenght cables it would fit all amd throw would be the same. That would includr w bodys a d jbodys as well. We could probably do 40 orders but idk aboit any morr thenthat

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I am asking how much for one set if 300 were made into production.

_________
-------------
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Haven't seen a quote and pretty much cut off the conversation at 300 req1uired.

Fiero cables are $140 as I recall from his site.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
NJ93TY

Post by NJ93TY »

There are places out there that are able to reproduce cables. Most don't do discounts for multiple sets. Here's a few pic reproduced off my GTZ OEM cables... Heavy duty, heim joint ends and adjustable for fine tuning.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Wow someone who actually followed through with one of the many companies I mentioned time and time again in the other threads about shifter cables...

There are quite a few push/pull companies out there that will do this one off stuff.

NJ93TY could you please post some info on the company who did these for you.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
weba

Post by weba »

NJ93TY, I need two sets, tell me how to get them :D

Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I need new cables as well. Please inform. Money is no object. Can't drive if can't shift.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
NJ93TY

Post by NJ93TY »

The company is California push-pull. I sent them sample cables and within 2 weeks or so he made me a few sets. I don't remember the exact cost but for 3 sets with shipping both ways it was close to $900. For those of you wanting to have cables made just make sure you have a good set your willing to ship to them. Here is a pic of a custom piece I had made to attach it to the transmission. Its a sample that came out wrong but you get the idea. I should have the correct ones in 2 weeks or so.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I believe I sent California Push Pull an email a long time ago regarding cables and they just never responded to me.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
weba

Post by weba »

Maybe they were smart enough to save designs for the sets made for you?

I only have bad cables here, and they are in use :o

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

3X00-Modified wrote:I believe I sent California Push Pull an email a long time ago regarding cables and they just never responded to me.
I'm quite sure you did. I think some people just do like how you word things(lol). If you have a cable in hand that is money in their hands. I'd say that is the way they look at it. An email is just talk. "I can get it" tells them it could be one day or a year(worthless to them). But you did try.

keep'em flying!
NJ93TY

Post by NJ93TY »

3X00-Modified wrote:I believe I sent California Push Pull an email a long time ago regarding cables and they just never responded to me.
You have to try a little harder then that. I called them, got the shipping address, told them I'm sending them Cables and want them made. Told him what I wanted and they did it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

NJ93TY wrote:
You have to try a little harder then that. I called them, got the shipping address, told them I'm sending them Cables and want them made. Told him what I wanted and they did it.
I agree 100% and I would have if I owned a 5-speed... I was trying to help the community so I used their contact us form to see what they would say, since no one else had the ambition to do so... Look at my thread about it, everyone is talk but no one steps up. And seriously if they can't respond to a form they put on their website regarding a inquiry then that's just shitty management in my eyes and loss of a possible sale, I expected at least a responce saying "Hey please call us and we will try to arrange something to figure out what we can do for you"

http://beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4483

No one stepped up other than Luckymc420 but then he vanished... so if a thread like that doesn't get the pot boiling then I don't know what to do... except applaud to you for stepping up and getting your OWN problem solved the right way. I wish more people would act upon their needs like you did. I took the same steps with the Dew strips and I have a company that would make them but unfortunately they are asking for a run qty that is way too high of a price that this community could ever cover... as well as 5k in mold making costs.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Very nice! They look pretty rugged. Have you driven the car with them installed yet? They look like an upgrade from stock.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube