A/C bypass pulley

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
BerettaZ26

A/C bypass pulley

Post by BerettaZ26 »

hey all, sry I haven't been on for a while but I'm in the middle of moving back to my home town so I won't be on for long bit this is the first time I've been able to sit down and get on the computer. NEWAY I made a mod to my little Z, my A/C compressor bearings went out and it was making a horrible grinding noise so I went down to autozone and got me a A/C bypass pulley kit. Came with a bracket, a pulley the same size as the compressor pulley and all the hardware. I will say this the compressor was a total bitch to get out and it fought me the whole time. but I finally got it out and got the new bracket and pulley in, and I don't know if it gave me any more power but I think it would since the weight of the compressor isn't there ne more and it's got less rotational mass since that pulley just free wheels. but I am glad that the horrible sound of bearings grinding is gone out of it, so if ur compressor goes out or if u have a hole in one of ur lines just spend the 40 dollars on this A/C delete kit like I did and u can b on ur marry way!
Like I always say keep em on the road and not in the junkyard!
Jeff

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: A/C bypass pulley

Post by 3X00-Modified »

factory AC pulley free wheels when the AC is not engaged and has little to no weight. You only gained a quite belt system and maybe a few lbs off the front end... Not much really. My car still has AC and I will never remove it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"