turbo complexites?

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?

turbo complexites?

Post by Guest »

Hey guys I was searching for beretta racing parts and this site poped up. I just got a 92' GT from this chick that ****** it up. I put a rebuilt 3.1 in it and it had around 70k miles on it, I was verry impressed with what this car could do. I love it when the shity civics and other shity ricers pull up thinking its going to be an easy win. Anyway I was reading what was going on here and I just want to clear a few things up, If i goto a junk yard and find a Grand Prix Turbo take it all out and it will bolt on to the 3.1? I have been looking for a turbo/supercharger for some time now if this is ture thats going to ******* rock. Thx sorry if you have to repeat yourself I just was to make sure be4 I go on the hunt.

Also are they rare to find?

1988GTU

turbo complexites?

Post by 1988GTU »

There are a few threads already posted on this..  
I think with a few minor mods since you do have a 92GT.. is it a MANUAL?... it'll be all bolt on and go.  

Welcome to the board!  Any pictures of this beastly ride?  

_________
-------------

turbo complexites?

Post by Guest »

no its an auto for now, thats something i want to change down the road. Will finding a GPT be hard? and what year(s) will work best for my car.

1988GTU

turbo complexites?

Post by 1988GTU »

1990-1991 are the only years they made a TGP.  It might have been 1989-1990..  Its one of those.  Two years they only made them for I know for sure.  So the luck of finding one would be rare, let alone finding them with the parts you want.  
BUT
If you talk to a guy name Jeff, I dont know his whole name, maybe someone will chime on in...  He can make you a crossover, & a chip I think for a price.  Then you'll need to upgrade your stock fuel pump to handle the increases hp/tq.  It does require some skill to put this act together.
Before you do anything, read a lot on what you are about to do so you dont invest the $$$$ and then back out because it was more than what you thought it was.  This Beretta you have is not like a honda where it has easy ways of getting parts made for it for cheap.  You dont really need to find a TGP either to do the swap.  All the TGP used for this setup was basically parts made generally for other automobile stuff.  Exmpt the exhaust though, that was custom.

_________
-------------

turbo complexites?

Post by Guest »

ok cool thx, ill have to look around this weekend at the salvage yards. There are a ton in dallas in sure i can find something. Ill have help with puting it on and tuning it my bro and dad both do this for a living (im just geting into it).  

1988GTU

turbo complexites?

Post by 1988GTU »

There's many people on this site that can guide you into this setup way better than me.  Just do a search and you shall see.

_________
-------------

turbo complexites?

Post by Guest »

Yeah i spent the last 3 hours reading the post about 3.1 turbo mods. helped some, thx for the info tho.