Quad Crane Cam regrinds...

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?

Post by Guest »

Well I worked at the Toyo Tires Nationals this weekend which was absolutely awsome...

But anyways Crane Cams was setup a row over from the Craftsman stand that I was working at and I had a chance to ask the guy about Cams for the quad... I knew what the answer was going to be but I wanted to make the motiv of me getting their stickers a little less direct haha...

Well he said Crane Cams will do regrinds with a core for the quad 4 but the reason they will talk you out of it is if they do regrinds they take away the heat treated surfacing they have and thus would produce a poopy cam... They are doing it because they know they don't want to hurt their image of selling cams that will wear down over time and give them a bad name... it sucks but I think its in the best interest for the company to keep the good name they have for their products.

This is why Crane Cams no longer does Regrinds for the Quad 4 according to the rep today... I just thought I would let people know!

Mmmm I just had a 40 incase I've overlooked any punctuation or spelling errors... lol

TurboGTU

Post by TurboGTU »

I was thinking about this for my spare SHO engine. YOu could have your cams Heat treated. I know a company that does that. They use a salt bath or something like that or chemical hardening.  BTW..is there a service you have to do to the quad lifters like shim change if they have them after 30K miles or so.

88 IMSA Beretta GTU w/McLaren TGP turbo system. Crane 260 cam, Ported heads...Lots more. Soon Bullet proof 3t40.
90 Black Turbo Grand Prix  -- The restoration project.
rweatherford

Post by rweatherford »

Comp will make you brand new cams with blanks.  They had them on the shelf when we toured the facility at BFest.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)