3x00 headers

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Forced_Firebird

3x00 headers

Post by Forced_Firebird »

(SuzukiGhostRider @ Mar. 30 2008,14:18)QUOTEHeh, they got Harbor Freight down by you FF? Pretty good store!
For "trow away" tools, lol.

Old motor: 3.1 iron head turbo
Under construction: 3.4RWD/3500 hybrid 11.5:1SCR, ported/polished, 300adv dur cam, yellow springs, fabricated headers, Clevite Bearing, Mellings oil pump...
Future projects: 3.1/3400, and 3.4/3500 twin turbo
SuzukiGhostRider

3x00 headers

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Alot of their stuff,yeah, but they have some good stuff too. And aren't they all "discount" or "throw away tool" stores anymore for the most part? Let's face it, unless you're willing to pony up, you just don't get that good quality anymore,sadly.

Kyle Anderson

3x00 headers

Post by Kyle Anderson »

I'm looking forward to seeing these completed! Hurry up before I decide to spend the money on a new car

Cliff8928
Administrator

3x00 headers

Post by Cliff8928 »

The thing with a lot of those pipe expanders is that they're meant to just remove ridges from a clamp, etc..  You really need a pipe stretcher.

I have one of these and it works flawlessly.  http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=550

I haven't used it for the Beretta yet, but I've used it to fit the custom mufflers on the XLR, the exhaust tip on the Alero, and to do some sidepipes on a Benz.

Cliff Scott
6r8ph1X

3x00 headers

Post by 6r8ph1X »

(Cliff8928 @ Mar. 30 2008,22:14)QUOTEThe thing with a lot of those pipe expanders is that they're meant to just remove ridges from a clamp, etc..  You really need a pipe stretcher.

I have one of these and it works flawlessly.  http://www.lislecorp.com/tool_detail.cfm?detail=550

I haven't used it for the Beretta yet, but I've used it to fit the custom mufflers on the XLR, the exhaust tip on the Alero, and to do some sidepipes on a Benz.
Oh cool, i want but not desperate enough lol

1993 Beretta GT, FX Designs Body Kit, Ram Air hood, 3.1 MPFI 3 Speed, 90,000 miles
1996 Beretta Base, GTU conversion, 3400sfi with less than 100,000 miles   ==  Traded
Asylum

3x00 headers

Post by Asylum »

Any word at all on the J Body version?

I'm going to be at a J Body meeting next weekend and I'm sure there would be ALOT of interest if there was a possibility of a universal fit set.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
MY91GT(Z)

3x00 headers

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

harbor frieght is up here also they have some decent stuff but not to many tools i would reccommend

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
fastlane02

3x00 headers

Post by fastlane02 »

(asylummotorsports @ Mar. 31 2008,03:02)QUOTEAny word at all on the J Body version?

I'm going to be at a J Body meeting next weekend and I'm sure there would be ALOT of interest if there was a possibility of a universal fit set.
yes i'm working on getting a cavy from the junk yard this week with out the engine. what year of cavy they putting them into also. I'm not sure if they changed engine bays/ tunnel postion on them when they went to the next gen body. but anyways yes i'm going to make them for the jbody.

Also i was thinking why the heck go threw the pain in expanding them when the first header is just for setting up the jig and taking them to the pipe shop. so i went to autzone and got some piping to slip over them for them and went that way. Also since s&s 3into1 collectors are gay and not like they show on the website i've modified them and now will be running 2 1/4 cross piping. the front collector will be placed almost right under the throttle body.

I didn't get much done this weekend for the fact that i worked 7 days mon-sun and it drainned me. 72hour on next weeks paycheck .

here is the collector from s&s. you can go on there wesite and look at the ones they have showed.

dont even look close to there pic does it.  oh well heres what i did since these are at such a good price and dont want to spend 40 a collector.

went to autozone and buaght 2 1/2 to 2 1/4 adapters for 3$ and made them work. granted they dont look slick but you are saving almost 80 per set of headers. this means cheaper price for you guys

the slip on piping is tacked on and ready for piping to be slipped in. these will not look like this on the final product. They will be all one peice.

this is how the front one will be ran. it still needs to be cut right below the middle port then 45 off strail. middle one will go down and 45 also about under the next port.
the last port. last port will come out and around to the collector. i should of took a pic with all of them in but i was watching the davison and kansas game at the same time and forgot. then fell asleep in the shop.

going to get back to work on it tonight.

keith

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
89gt 3.8scII to much to list.
87 iroc-z the old girl is getting a make over!
90 gtz bring her back to her glory days but even better!
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
Barry
Global Moderator

3x00 headers

Post by Barry »

Looking good! I dont care how they look, at all. Im just up for some reasonable bolt on headers.

You never got back to me in your old thread. I have a spare bug port UIM/LIM and a small port 3100 UIM/LIM. I can send you the small port one if your intrested. But i cant send the bigport one for free.

Let me know.

fastlane02

3x00 headers

Post by fastlane02 »

sorry about that i'm a bissy man lol. I found some at a junk yard and barrowed them from him. working on a nice big port system uim two sell. Mostly will be for high hp guys that need to really breath good at top end.

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
IsaacHayes

3x00 headers

Post by IsaacHayes »

I have used a pipe expander and the nut threads shears off. But the shaft is hardened so you just get a new nut at the hardvare store and keep vorking.

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
fastlane02

3x00 headers

Post by fastlane02 »

ya i wanted to expand it, so it would look nice even if it is a mock up peice. but oh well. the finished product will be expaned at the tube shop. about 6 in of the pipe will be expanded so when it get back to my shop i can cut it down to where i need it when it goes on the jig and get welded up.

I started getting the quad header parts around and the catback systems also. as i will be making these as soon as the 3x00 headers are done and ready for production run.

eric you get with the jbody people and see what they are thinking about these headers. IF they are excited about them let me know so i can find someone close buy to test fit them in the next couple weeks.

keith

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
68 firebird
fastlane02

3x00 headers

Post by fastlane02 »

about half done. they are striat up and down with each other. they will clear the fan and a/c line by alot. i'll get a measurement on how much room you will have.

Also om the manual tanny clearance problem. I'm assuming this is at the shifter cable bracket right? where the cable clamp down? I know this is where i had problems with my 3.8sc headers.

let me know guys if there are more problems than that.
mounts ect...

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
68 firebird
Barry
Global Moderator

3x00 headers

Post by Barry »

Depending on how far out they are from the engine on the crossover, it is possible that 88-91 5-speed mounts may cause an issue. However, that is highly unlikely.(It is pretty out of the way)

The only other conscern would be heat on the shift cables, but the stock X-over pipe goes through that area too, so I dont see that causing a problem either.

fastlane02

3x00 headers

Post by fastlane02 »

alright i just know people on here was talking about making sure it would clear for the 5 speed and just wanted to see if there was a problem. I dont want to have to build to cross pipes

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
68 firebird