Ricer "Ebay Chip"

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
GTU89

Ricer "Ebay Chip"

Post by GTU89 »

Hey, I know this is a ricer mod, seeing as the cheapo ones usually never work, let alone add the HP/MPG they claim to. But this shouldn't hurt performance should it? As far as I know all it does it bump the timing and makes the car run a bit richer than stock, correct?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-CHI ... 86&vxp=mtr

I think I may waste $10 on this just to try it out..lol Anyone got experience with these chips? lol

Barry
Global Moderator

Re: Ricer "Ebay Chip"

Post by Barry »

It will only not hurt a few times a year, when the resistance of the resistor(chip) matches the resistance the air intake temp sensor would be sending out at that specific temperature.

Its a waste of money. You can get the same chip at radio shack for like a dollar for a pack of 10.

SCAM

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Well, I'll post back if I do order the rice chip.

I like the fact that all of these ebay chips have the EXACT same description.

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

Just don't order it.

There's a donate button at the top of the screen. That 10 dollars could help maintain our server instead of putting it into the pocket of a scammer that is selling 10 cent resistors for 100 times there value

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Hmm.. I never noticed the donate button before. I'll have to do that once I get my own paypal account. (I have to use my parents account the moment and they think anything online that is not Ebay/Amazon is a scam)

Is that why the other Beretta site went down? Bstuff I think it was?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Bstuff went down because the domain owner didn't want to sell the domain name and the individual who paid the hosting stopped paying. That was picked up by a member on here at one time but when the domain name expired then it just vanished, and no one was able to get a hold of the old hosting owner so they couldn't get any of the material off of it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

slightly off topic, is there a way to fine tune ebay searching so that you don't get 4 pages of the exact same thing, from the exact same seller?

and the ebay chip is just the resistor to trick the ecu to think the incoming air is cooler... the ecu adds more fuel

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

If you want a chip get one from WOT-tec.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

berettaboi wrote:slightly off topic, is there a way to fine tune ebay searching so that you don't get 4 pages of the exact same thing, from the exact same seller?

and the ebay chip is just the resistor to trick the ecu to think the incoming air is cooler... the ecu adds more fuel
Search for "beretta" that excludes items that just Fit a beretta and are more specific to beretta being in the title.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Okay, so that's close to what I thought sorta. I find it funny that they claim to boost mileage when all they basically do is trick the car into running rich, which is the complete opposite of boosting mileage.

Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

How about making the car run a bit lean? Think it is possible?

I was thinking of getting a resistor to change the resistance just enough to make it run maybe 3-7% towards the lean side.
I just want better mileage out of my 3.1 Auto.

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

GHOSTOWLGRID wrote:How about making the car run a bit lean? Think it is possible?

I was thinking of getting a resistor to change the resistance just enough to make it run maybe 3-7% towards the lean side.
I guess you could do it, but it isn't good to run lean.

What MPG are you getting? of late my avg is 17.4MPG or around that according to the digital dash, which is much lower than it was.

beretta

Post by beretta »

I know someone who bought one of these and i told him it was just a resistor inside a fancy box.. Needless to say he got it in the mail, tore the box open to find a single resistor and nothing else, in the garbage it went, and i think he paid $30-$40 for it. LOL.

You can buy the resistor for 10 cents like said above, and just solder it between the IAT sensor, i have tryed this before just for the hell of it, and did not notice any difference what so ever.

If you want better fuel millage, do a oil flush and change, iridium plugs, good wires, run some good injector cleaner through it, dump some sea foam through the throttle body while running, change fuel filter. and put the hammer down, also if your getting crap millage after all this.. look into changing out the catalytic converter, if its plugged you most certainly will have very pour fuel millage and higher then normal running temps.

If it smells like rotten eggs after sea foaming the throttle body while its running and give it a good run for its money dont be easy on the throttle get that crud blowen out of there, smelly exhaust #1 reason is plugged catalytic converter.

My old 3.1 5 speed gives me the same if not better millage then my 96 automatic 3100. I get around 600km per full tank, aprox 45-50 KM/Canadian Gallon 4.5 liters.. Im Canadian EH too tired to convert to miles lol.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No matter what you do fooling the ECU on the air temp will not change the fueling at cruise or part throttle... The most it will do is change the spark table used and add less fuel at WOT or more depending on which way you go, but even that isn't enough to make any difference at all. It's still a scam and worthless.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Beretta1234567

Post by Beretta1234567 »

GTU89 wrote:
GHOSTOWLGRID wrote:How about making the car run a bit lean? Think it is possible?

I guess you could do it, but it isn't good to run lean.

What MPG are you getting? of late my avg is 17.4MPG or around that according to the digital dash, which is much lower than it was.
Used to get 10MPG at best. Then I did a full tune up. Now it gets 25 at best. That's freeway.
City it used to get like 8 before tuneup and now about 20 at best after tuneup.
My converter is fine, it has a hole down the center of it because the previous owner broke out most of its insides.

It was just a thought. I'm just gona leave it alone.