Project B - 1991 3400 OBII 5-Speed

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
fastlane02

Project B

Post by fastlane02 »

http://www.turbobygarrett.com

they have alot of info about turbos.
I would go with one of there gt28 series or gt 30 series.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turboby....3_1.jpg

check that out to.

there good info on that site.
good luck

CBC PERFORMANCE

use to be grace89SS
89gt 3.8scII to much to list.
87 iroc-z the old girl is getting a make over!
90 gtz bring her back to her glory days but even better!
02 TA moser 12 bolt,yank 4k stall, spohn everything, LPE heads,MS4 cam,fast90/90 ported, hooker lt sc.
68 firebird
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Well I am waiting on an idle pully to come. Then I need a Belt with a tensioner. Also looking into a welder for engine mounts.
Today I modified my OBDII engine harness to fit a 1995 Interior harness.
Then started to pull my seats and center console. Then my heater took a crap on me. I stayed and worked till i could not take the cold. I started to get mad so I quit for the night. I found a very problems but I dont think there will be any major ones.

Project B!

1991 5-Speed Beretta with a 2002 3400 OBDII In progress.....
Money pit Beretta

Project B

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Anything new? How is it going?

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Well I had finals last week so I didnt do much but buy more crap.  Today I planned on going out and getting the interior dash in and all the wiring setup and buying a welder.  WELL I go out to the garage at 8 am and walk in and the heater is on. I didnt turn it on.  It all out of fuel. Then I hear drip drip drip.  Look over and see leaks. We just built this area this fall for my project car.  So guess what it is dripping on. My manuals and my electronic stuff lets just say I threw some stuff around and cussed a lot.  SO I climbed up on the roof and had to use an ice chipper to get the ice loose then a broom to push it all off.  The roof never leaked when it rained but we have had a lot of snow and lastnight and today we are having an ice storm.  SO the welder might not be out of the picture But i know workin on my car well i might work on it tonight depends on this storm.  

I have already pulled the seats out and part of the dash. Thats about it till later on.

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

We got some ice down here. All work is on hold. My spoiler cracked in two more spots (that makes 3). Power went out also. Did you get the leaks fixed? If you did what did you use? I would think it would be hard to get anything to set up in that temp. Just don't fall off the roof! I hear there is more on the way. Hey, I'll be online looking for parts this all this week. Is there anything you could use that I could look out for? That is if I have power!

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

We really can't fix them right now. We just need to screw down the roof a little better.  I got up early again today and went outside and now the heater does not work just spits out fuel and smoke.  SO I messed with that till 2pm then me and dad went and bought a new one. 165,000 BTU.  SO I got to transfer fuel and then deice all my tools and parts.  Im tired now so I am going to take a nap, then get up and work.  

I really only need a 1996 throttle body cable.

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

Lost power again for 12 hours. For the throttle body cable, I went to www.chevy-autoparts.com. I found under "fuel" what they call a "cable-accelerator" it said call for price, also it said for 3spd auto. That doesn't sound right, could be a mis print.

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Well here is an update picture:

I don't have to work this week so I have 11 days off with no school.  SO I should get plenty done if i dont drink it all away.  I have a friend that is a turbo freak and he is moving bacck to des moines so I know he will help me on the turbo part and the rest of the engine.

Project B!

Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Did this lastnight before i pulled out the beer bong table. ÂÂÂ Got some of the harness plugged in. but i have a lot of plug connecter problems.  Also I got the power tuner before they ran out. Just got it yesterday. Now I just need a USB adapter.

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

How long did it take to get the dash out? What power tuner is it? Where did you get it?

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Oh id say maybe 3 hours.  I got DHP Power tuner from PFYC.com

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

Thanks! Did you get any help on the turbo?

keep'em flying!
Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

Naa He is still living up in Ames and he has to wait till his lease is up.  But I know he will help me put the engine in.

yesterday I started workin on it around 11pm and worked till 6am. I got a lot done and so so very close on putting the engine in.  

For the most part the interior harness is in and is runable.  I had a problem with the start switch that will tell the PCM My foot is on the clutch so i will start.  Well I what I did was just basically bypass it so I will start ineven in gear. I never leave it in gear so no biggy to me really.  I have a problem with the SIR system.  I do have a 1994 SIR computer but nothing else. None of the plugs will fit.  So I could hard wire or buy all the sensors and right connectors. I have a door jam switch and a defrost problem but I am not going to worry about that right now.  

I did see two things that i really cant figure out.  I have a 1995 Base Beretta and When I looked under the Steering wheel I saw these 2 things.

Not really sure what these are?

I did some more engine work:

Still need a damn AC del. pully

I put together are new welder but didnt test it out.

I started to look at the front right lower engine mount.
This is from my 1995 3100 Base:

I have the bracket and need to weld a mount on the frame:

I think I am going to put the engine in and then do the mount process.
I also Have another mount issue on the back right lower engine mount.  I have not looked into it but I know Ill have to do a custom mount.

Project B!

Luckymc420

Project B

Post by Luckymc420 »

I have the switch for the clutch i would just have to run the wires from the engine bay area to the switch inside by the pedal. I might just end up doing that. I just want to get it started and then do all the little things.  Also I do have an exhaust problem, as you can see in the last picture.  I am not sure on how I am going to handle it, I will prolly wait till the engine is in and then cut the exhaust and maybe try to reuse some of it for the time being.

I need:
Throttle cable for 3100 (I have to call that site yet and see if that is what I need0
Clutch (Not sure on what I need/want)
Heater core (old one leaked and I rather just do it while the dash is out.)
A/C bypass pully
Engine oil filter adapter gasket kit

Project B!

Money pit Beretta

Project B

You got alot done, all I did was well(beer), and get back online after a few power flashes knocked me off. In that one photo was that some sort of vac senser? Was the box for the airbag(I don't have one)? Good that you are taking care of the core now, mine had plastic fittings on it. When that thing went out it went out bad. I had to drive to a shop with my head out the window(windshield was nothing but fog). I see if I can dig up another place for the cable.

keep'em flying!