gtz's build thread. updated 4/25/14.

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
speedy

Re: gtz's build thread update 12/20/12

Post by speedy »

so after 2 months of consistant searching, ive managed to locate a dash for the car, theyre asking $75 for it, its supposed to be mint, he is going to send me pictures either monday or tuesday and get me a shipping qoute on it via freight, cant imagine it will be cheap but at this point im out of options...

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
speedy

Post by speedy »

i got the a arms out and subframe off, i wish i could find someone local to rebuild the rack, from my understanding the racks from advance dont have as far of a turning radius as the gtz came stock with, does anyone know anything on this???

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

you can rebuild the rack... its nothing more than a few o-rings and boots that go bad causing it to leak... And IIRC all the parts can be sourced online.

Very similar to our racks to give you an idea...

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/te ... ewall.html

There is also this... Find out what your turns are... I believe its 2.25 for the GTZ.

http://shop.rackdoctor.net/BERETTA_c547.htm

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
speedy

Post by speedy »

so happy i found this, i didnt get it off ebay either, actually found it for sale locally for a really good price, along with w41 pistons.

the w41 pistons

themixer

Post by themixer »

nice!!!!!!

speedy

Post by speedy »

yeah, he didnt have the cams however he has "n.i.b." cams for it...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

and probably more expensive than gold for them.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
speedy

Post by speedy »

$700 for the set

speedy

Post by speedy »

some new updates... i took the subframes out, cleaned the grease and crap off, painted them up with some pretty good paint, along with the swaybar, and spindles, got the new sway bar bushings in after some fabbing and new fittings, got one of the a arms in, ordered the rest of the stuff for my struts so everything is new there, still got a good amount of work ahead of me, but so far its coming along nicely. heres some pictures of the progress ive been making.

im going to pick up some strut boots for these tomorrow to protect them against the eliments they will never see. haha.
but there it is, eibach spring, kyb strut, new mount ect.

subframe in place, still need to paint the one part, maybe tomorrow if it doesnt rain.

controll arm rebuilt with energy suspension bushings(as well as swaybar), and moog ball joint, and spindle in place.

still needs some work, the bottom puck needs to be drilled and carved for the bolt, but that my friends is the hocky puck motor mount, some of the quad guys im sure are familiar with this mod, the factory mount up front dont hold up worth crap, and neither does the aftermarket. we shall see how this does. hehehe. :twisted:

edit: i have a new crank kit, clevite bearings, mellings lifters, and the ported and polished 086 head and w41 cams, all i need for the engine yet is the timing kit, and oil pump. i'll be dropping the block off at the machine shop soon to be assembled and balanced, then it will be put together, order the spec clutch and fidanza flywheel, mate my 66k 3.94fdr trans to it, and put it all together.. with some paint and prettyness of course. :wink:

thats all for now! stay tuned!!!

speedy

Re: gtz's build thread. updated 4/25/14.

Post by speedy »

well, this week and last i went on a shopping spree, i ordered new wheel bearings for the front(moog), thermastat housing, thermastat, got the 180* one i think? goodyear belts, goodyear rad hoses, new water pump, cloyes timing set(single row), brembo front brake pads, sway bar end links, new rotors for the front, rear motor mount, fidanza flywheel, exedy clutch with internal slave for the scx 3.94 trans, bunch of gaskets, head bolts, manifold bolts, axle nuts(was told these should be replaced everytime they are removed, never did before but for $2. can it hurt?), fuel injector o-rings, and the last melling lifter rock auto had becouse i lost one of mine somehow.

i also found some rust(minor) on the w41 cams upon inspection and cleaned them up, sunday we should have the motor all together and within the next 2 weeks this car should come together, im very excited!