"Build I Have Been Wanting For 20 Years" ON HOLD!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Asylum

Re: "Build I Have Been Wanting For 20 Years" ON HOLD!

Post by Asylum »

WTF?
I'm admitting the project may have been somewhat naively ill-conceived and the budget got quickly out of any sense of financial responsibility.
I also ran into several trusted people/friends who made it rather clear they thought I was making a mistake.
Some people also thought trying to get a 3500 to run in a Beretta was a mistake too. We know what happened with that!!
They also thought flying to California not once but twice to drive back rust-free Berettas was a mistake too.
But this time there was more than enough input to have me take a step back and put the project on hold.

There is more to my decision, some personal, some not. As well as couple of situations which didn't work out.

This may still happen, perhaps in a modified or compromised format, and perhaps not using this car.

Live with it! :beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
themixer

Post by themixer »

I am not overly worried, just would like to see something cool at the end of it. I am just a harmless Canadian like yourself.

Any consideration of a Beretta drag car?

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

BIGTIME SMH

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

stuff happens, life happens, responsibility happens. Can't say how many times these things have foiled my plans to better my car. Also, been down that road before where ideas run rampant on things I want to do and reality sets in.

ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

This thread got me motivated to do something crazy....not sure i would have posted it like you are here and then decide not to do it. I would love to hang with you big boys.

Why don't you buy a completed car and install the luxury parts like carpet and a/c you so desire?

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26
ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

themixer wrote:I also had a feeling also from the beginning this wasn't going to happen, all these modifications get away from the actual enjoyment of just driving an old car. Plus destroying a rare example of one

Have you considered just buying a beretta drag car, would probably be less than $40k

http://www.racingjunk.com/Top-Sportsman ... retta.html
http://www.racingjunk.com/Complete-Race ... retta.html

He wants a ~10s pro street. The first is a 6.0 The second is a 7.5s chassis certified race car with expired certs. There have been several pro streets out there over the years for sale.

Alpinestar10

Post by Alpinestar10 »

Hey all the power to him with whatever he decides it his car and money I honestly don't care what he does but saying he purchased parts then never posting a pic is somewhat of a dead giveaway on how this thread was going to end.

Hell I "Attempted" a rwd swap (had a subframe engine and trans and cut the body apart for it.) but wasn't working at the time so I scrapped the body and got a sc400

ErichZ26

Post by ErichZ26 »

Alpinestar10 wrote:Hey all the power to him with whatever he decides it his car and money I honestly don't care what he does but saying he purchased parts then never posting a pic is somewhat of a dead giveaway on how this thread was going to end.

Hell I "Attempted" a rwd swap (had a subframe engine and trans and cut the body apart for it.) but wasn't working at the time so I scrapped the body and got a sc400

Good point....kinda got lost on the entire redrilling of OE wheels when there were bigger fish to fry.

heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I have a rust free 89 GT that would be a perfect donor... add the GTZ body kit, the wheels; it has a damn near mint interior (try that on a old style interior)!

I'll take pictures and send to you if you want Eric... just let me know.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
themixer

"Build I Have Been Wanting For 20 Years" ON HOLD!

Post by themixer »

Any update on this dream build ?

Sent from mobile device