Spam Attack

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
Chad91GTZ

Spam Attack

Post by Chad91GTZ »

We are currently under a heavy spam attack. Please report any spam messages that sneak by so we may remove them.

Thanks.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
Money pit Beretta

Re: Spam Attack

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Have not seen any as of yet. Keep up the good work.

keep'em flying!
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Members aren't seeing them because they aren't approved... it's only moderators that see them.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Chad91GTZ

Post by Chad91GTZ »

I've been disapproving them with my eyes closed. However I had accidentally approved about ten posts but realized it right away.

Hence the reason for saying if any "sneak by" please let me know.

Again thanks.

My Motortopia

Bfest Committee 2012, 2013, 2014
Bfest AND Bust 2012 Winner: First ever clutch swap at Berettafest!
Bfest 2013 Watermelon Award: Boob shaped hood dents FTW
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I would like to let the member base aware that we are currently still getting heavily attacked... the simple way you can tell is by the total number of members at the bottom of the forum index page... its up to 4177 and it was at 3700 a few days ago...

I'm not sure when things will get fixed to prevent the rogue registrations but until that point we can not approve any new user posts... SO if you are a new user and trying to post and it will not show up the only thing I can suggest is to send me a link to the post your tying to make and I'll approve it. The reason why I need this link is because the queue is over 200 pages long and I just can't sift through all of that, neither can any of the other mods.

Sorry for any inconvenience and I wish I had the ability to do something to fix/stop this but I do not.

You guys will never see the spam but for me I can't even read the forum anymore because it takes over the active topics page over 1000 topics found and over 50 pages... I can't even read the forum anymore, let alone contribute to it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Where did the Bnet logo go?

keep'em flying!
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Well if the guy who runs this site was actually on here once in a while instead of Jon policing the place, maybe we would be better off!

There are what?? 20 active members?

Sorry to say but this site is weak and dying folks.

Very sorry state of affairs on here.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

I wonder how many of the other Tapatalk forums are being heavily spammed right now as well, if we're the ones getting hit pretty hard...

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
GTZfan

Post by GTZfan »

Asylum wrote: There are what?? 20 active members?

Sorry to say but this site is weak and dying folks.

Very sorry state of affairs on here.
Sadly true. I see the main reason in people being too lazy to mess with the forums and rather post on the Beretta Facebook group. I find that rather messy and unorganised and therefore do not post in there. Additionally, the facebook content is hardly accessible after some time passes, its a short lived model and will not turn into a knowledge base such as the forums.

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Has nothing to do with taptalk... it has to do with new user registration... it was to easy to register a new user on here so hundreds were created and posts were made... You guys never saw them but it completely overwhelmed the mods and we couldn't even view the relevant info on the forum anymore.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Jeffcmn

Post by Jeffcmn »

But you also block people who aren't spamming...,

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I don't know what to tell you there but if you had any idea how much was hitting this forum I think you would understand that maybe one topic/user was overlooked or missed as a legit post. It's not easy to find in over 1000 new posts waiting for approval when 99.99% of them are crap. And if that is not a good enough answer then well I don't know what you want to hear.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Jeffcmn

Post by Jeffcmn »

It's the first time I've been banned from a forum and had my post deleted for no reason whatsoever, just curious why.......

Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

I am sorry that happened to you. There were over 5000 spam posts waiting for approval at one point. We are human and make mistakes. When staring at the screen disapproving hundreds of posts in a day its easy for a real user like you to get caught in the mess.

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

It came down to needing to have a blanket wipe done on new users since October, I had set the post filter to only delete users with under 3 posts but apparently a few people got deleted that had more than that. The temp job I am working right now has me pulling 10-12 hour days right now on top of my other work. Regardless of how much I post here I am always made aware of issues when they come up, I just cannot always resolve them right away. And as far as the site goes, if it were bsuff, it would have been inaccessible completely while issues were going on so take that into account.

I am doing some global work on the server this weekend and will hopefully clear up some of the lingering issues, the spam situation should be under control at this point though.