Spam Attack

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
Money pit Beretta

Re: Spam Attack

Post by Money pit Beretta »

This gives me crazy ideas like making mini-moderators to help with the work load. Having only a limited ability and taking a packet of work to help out. Boy do I live in a strange little world. I've always had nice ideas that just don't work out.
The other would be someone that is here almost every day to look around flagging new member names. This person would check the "who's online" and work from there. The problem with that is the flag doesn't change the work load.
Damn brain freeze!

keep'em flying!
diedemus

Post by diedemus »

when the filters are working correctly there is minimal spam load and because this is a production server I really cant have other people set up as administrators, the potential to impact the clients I host is just not worth the headache.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Ok I understand.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Jeffcmn wrote:It's the first time I've been banned from a forum and had my post deleted for no reason whatsoever, just curious why.......
it was explained even before my last post...

Chad91GTZ wrote:I've been disapproving them with my eyes closed.
3X00-Modified wrote:SO if you are a new user and trying to post and it will not show up the only thing I can suggest is to send me a link to the post your tying to make and I'll approve it. The reason why I need this link is because the queue is over 200 pages long and I just can't sift through all of that, neither can any of the other mods.
3X00-Modified wrote:I don't know what to tell you there but if you had any idea how much was hitting this forum I think you would understand that maybe one topic/user was overlooked or missed as a legit post. It's not easy to find in over 1000 new posts waiting for approval when 99.99% of them are crap.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Rodville

Spam Attack

Post by Rodville »

There should be a forum update to reduce the spam load. I know IPB released a patch that keeps my forum down to 2-3 spam registrations a day. And then the required intro post only in the intro section of the forums keeps the spam on mine to just about nothing.

If you guys knew what went into keeping the board up and running you be saying thank you to the staff he a lot more then we all do currently.

THANK YOU STAFF FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK IN KEEPING THIS FORUM UP AND RUNNING!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diedemus

Post by diedemus »

there was a forum update, that was part of the problem