finally posting pics again

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Alxsmt

Re: finally posting pics again

Post by Alxsmt »

Thanks!

The dash, I stripped all the foam crap off and made a place for 6.5" speakers. Still in the process of making everything fit correctly. Right now its all in body filler but im going to lay a layer of glass on top of it. I have a feeling the filler will lift someday and that way its all one piece if that makes sense. Once its done it will look basically stock. Going to spray it with grey or black bedliner

The rear springs. Well I just converted it to use 2.5" coils for more spring rate options and linear springs. I hate progressive..Had to use a 4" spring. Only eibach makes one! But any spring rate you could ever want! The lower perch is adjustable from wolferacing and my cousin actually made the upper one using an insolator from a jeep. I was just going to do metal on metal but he had a better idea.. yes the factory perches suck to cut and grind off

Im really hoping to find time to put the gauges in fairly soon. My speedo is disconnected right now and im not fixing it for motivation lol

I actually get a lot of people telling me the car looks... good.. with those wheels. Its kinda funny. I love em, 18lb 18x8s. Lightest I could find without spending 4k. I picked them from size, weight and color actually

The shitty thing about the plate cover.. it covers up my tags! So I cant use it.. I dont want to get pulled over

88 Beretta CL - your average grandma car.. Ls1 swap in progress
77 Celica - needs an engine swap
96 Geo - 1.0L, Cam, 3 angle, magnaflow, Koni, coilovers.
86 Subi - Supercharged @7psi
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Alxsmt wrote:The shitty thing about the plate cover.. it covers up my tags! So I cant use it.. I dont want to get pulled over
CT finally did away with reg tags, they went from the plate to the window now none because they have the technology in the cars to look up your plate instantly to verify reg... Seems much smarter with the internet coverage they have with cell service lately.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Alxsmt

Post by Alxsmt »

yeah It makes no sense why we have to do the tag bs, just something for them to make money on... even emissions.. who doesnt know how to beat that game?? lol

Koots

Post by Koots »

I'm doing a similar, but slower and cheaper, build on my Corsica.

I love what you've done and where it's going, I can guess that a lot of ricey kids probably try to race you as an easy win, but quickly crap and shut-up, when you beat them by a whole horizon :D

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Alxsmt wrote:yeah It makes no sense why we have to do the tag bs, just something for them to make money on... even emissions.. who doesnt know how to beat that game?? lol
I still have to pay for registration they just save money by not sending me a stupid sticker. And emissions is EASY to beat when you have an OBDII car with a tuner... All of my systems always show as ready and I never have an SES light... lol Only issue I ever had was when I swapped ECU's in my legacy. Vin didn't match and there was no way to re-program that part. I gave them a quote saying I bought a used ECU to replace a fried one and they said OK, the warning will never come up again when you get it tested. Sweet!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Alxsmt

Post by Alxsmt »

damn thats awesome! I play the lean it out game usually lol. They just use the sniffer for 3 or the 4 cars I have. I didnt know you could setup the computer to read as no errors, thats cool

themixer

Post by themixer »

really glad we don't have emissions testing

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

There are tons of codes in the ECU and if you just setup the ones that you dont want to see just like the others are that aren't applicable to your car then you never get an SES light and the tests that are supposed to run show up as good. At least in this ECU... I'm sure the newer they get the harder it's going to be to fool them.

And I'm sorry but places SHOULD have emissions testing... Even in this state I see WAY too many cars running like complete trash and they are just paying the fine to keep their registration but if they would just fix it the car would run BETTER and save them money. And on top of that I wish CT had a general safety inspection because some of the cars allowed to be registered around here are just scary.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

NY has adopted CA emissions/inspections for OBDII stuff. Prime reason my cars are OBDI. haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No they didnt... your emissions standards are the same as mine.
Smog and Emissions Inspection
Unless your vehicle is exempt, you must complete an emissions test in addition to the safety inspection (see “Requirements and Exemptions” below). The emissions inspection only takes a few minutes, and the types of tests required depend on the model year and weight of your vehicle:

Model year 1996 and newer gas-powered vehicles less than 8,501 lbs.: On-Board Diagnostic inspection (OBDII).
Model year 1997 and newer diesel-powered vehicles less than 8,501 lbs.: On-Board Diagnostic inspection (OBDII).
Model year 1995 to 25 years old at 18,000 lbs. or less: Low-enhanced emission inspection.
OBDII Inspection

Part of the emissions inspection is the on-board diagnostics test (OBDII). This is a computerized test that connects to your vehicle to check the emissions system through the vehicle's computer. Your computer controls the emissions output of your engine, as well as a malfunction indicator light (MIL) that illuminates if your computer or your engine is not working correctly.

Low-Enhanced Emissions Inspections

The low-enhanced inspection is a thorough visual inspection of all the emissions equipment in your vehicle, including but not limited to:

Functional gas cap.
Catalytic converter.
Exhaust gas recirculation valve.
Positive crankcase ventilation system.
Air injection system (model year 1984 and newer).
Evaporative emissions control (model year 1984 and newer).
Fuel inlet restrictor (model year 1984 and newer).
Thermostatic air cleaner (model year 1984 and newer).
Once you complete your inspection, the results will be automatically uploaded to the NY DMV. A new inspection sticker will be affixed to your windshield, where it must remain at all times.

Review the NYVIP inspection overview page if you would like to know more about what will be examined on your vehicle for the emissions test.
It's an OBDII system readiness test... According to that wording they don't even have to LOOK for a catalytic converter on that 96+ cars because the expect the ECU to tell them everything.

It's seems harder for older cars they do a full visual inspection, AKA Low-Enhanced Emissions Inspections as they call it.

CA's test is a full visual on everything newer than 76, and OBDII check where possible as well as a tailpipe check on top of all that.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Wow, my garage is all ass-backwards. They are the ones that told me about the "California emissions test" and they obviously do not do a thorough check on the vehicles up to 25 years old... If they do they would see I have no EGR or EVAP on the Beretta and the Thermac delete on the truck. haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Alxsmt

Post by Alxsmt »

Lol! Around here, 96+ all they do is plug them in.

The beretta and 86 subi gets the sniffer and cat check. Nothing more. Only emmissions stuff on those cars are the cats. No egr or the other bs.

The 77 celica gets the emission tags read and the sniffer. Its a pre cat car so its not required. All the emmission crap has been removed and it passes better than the standards for cars with a cat.