My 1994 DGGM "Base" - The "other"..."base"

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
KFLO 93 GT

Re: My 1994 DGGM Base - 57k Miles - DGGMGTU?

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

1988GTU wrote:Oh and why do you gotta park near that ricer with the cheap brakes and horrible black paint job? :runsies: :ROFL: :Yahoo!: :P :beer:

Come on man, most of the paint is older than most of our newer members. ;) (factory paint, sprayed in May of 92.) :D

93 GTs
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

That is impressive for that age of paint. Must have been a Wednesday car.

_________
-------------
Koots

Post by Koots »

Sweet car(s)!!!!

I really have been enjoying how clean these cars are, I spent so many years not paying attention to them.

Baims_91Base

Post by Baims_91Base »

Didn't realize it how long it had been since my last update - I had to read back through to know what to update everyone on. Not a whole lot has changed though.

The car now has ~84,000 miles. Unfortunately, it's my daily driver for the most part. I bought a 97 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 5-speed for winter and drive it occasionally, but still get better gas mileage in the Beretta and would prefer to drive it anyhow. The truck only has 129k...
purchased it for 1100, maybe I'll post details on it in the off-topic section soon and update this section with a link at a later date. (The truck does fulfull the need/feeling to want and drive a 5-speed - I get withdrawal-symptoms over time in driving automatics....boring!)

I have since added the Z04 spoiler to the car. I liked the spoilerless look just the same, but it really adds to the whole combo.

I also bought a set of 16" ICW Kobe wheels from a buddy on the cheap - I like them as a nice alternative to the GTU wheels, or the black GTZ wheels I have,....or the 15" crosslaces I have painted black.
(Note that in some pictures there are centercaps, and in the most recent ones, I do not have them installed. The lengths of the threads from the front axles make them pop out slightly on the front wheels and I'd rather not lose one on a bump unexpectedly. I sort of like the look of them without, but it looks a little 'unfinished' at the same time, which isn't my game....I'm looking to see if there's a "domed" alternative I could use to create some clearance and go back to having centercaps.

I found a set of teal INDY seats at the local pick-n-pull and got the whole set for $60 - I was pretty satisfied with their condition given the age/rarity, and liked the thought of the teal-piping to somewhat go with the greenish-color of the car. It's not a perfect match, but it accents well enough I think. I've received a few comments at the corporate office I work at and I feel that's impressive on a car that's 20 year old, with seats that are 24 years old. (I realized I can't find more pictures of the seats - I will look and update later) In the meantime, here's a picture of the armrest I picked up from Ron - I traded him my mint 94+ blue armrest for this one. Appreciate it again Ron! :D

I recently replaced the brake pads and rotors - installed the second set of Brembo brake pads I bought for $15 from TireRack when they had them on close-out and bought some new NAPA "ultra-premium" OEM rotors - painted the calipers alumium in color since the new 16"s make them show more than the GTU wheels did.

The car might soon get a stereo upgrade with a 12" sub - looking to maybe 'diversify' the system in the '91 and spread the stereo-love to multiple cars by way of eliminating one of the 2 12"s in the car. I'm definitely not in high school anymore, nor do I compete in SPL competitions....I don't need that much "boom-boom" in the '91 these days. ;)

Minor upgrade, and I need to find the replacement for the driver's side - replacing the plastic "b-pillar" cover/trim pieces to the rear of the door handles. They were metal until 94, and then GM decided to cut costs there apparently. They are prone to fading and looking like crap. Much of an improvement - the donor was a 89 GTU, I'm surprised it matched as well as it does on a car with much lesser mileage. This isn't a new swap by any means, I'm late to the party in being able to buy these from GM new when I should/would have had the opportunity. One of those things! LOL

Appreciate any feedback/comments/etc as always - thanks guys!

Bonus photos:

Test-fit picture, in case you wanted to see how it looked with a mix-match of what it was previously rocking:

GTU wheels before the other 16"s wheels went on - always a great fallback option though in my opinion, just wish all my centercaps were in 'matching' condition :)

Sorry to whore it up, LOL! - felt like 2 years was worth this many pictures. I'll pull some and post links or make thumbnails if necessary.

Dustin - Webmaster, BerettaSpeed.com
1991 "Base" -> BFest '03, '04, '11 - '12 Best Modified Engine Bay
1994 Base -> 65k, DGGM, INDY GFX
1988 GTU -> 300k - RIP, parts/donor car, BFest '05
Baims_91Base

Post by Baims_91Base »

Oh yes, and I also finally lowered this car. It is currently riding on Sprint springs with KYB GR2's up front, and Gas-A-Just's in the rear. I have another set of Intrax springs I want to swap over when time/opportunity allows as I feel they are a better spring (progressive rate, and I think they're stiffer than Sprints, or at least the worn out one's I'm using)

The car needed lowered pretty bad once the ground effects went on and it still had FE1 springs/struts.

bonecrrusher

Re: My 1994 DGGM "Base" - The "other"..."base"

Post by bonecrrusher »

Did this car get turbo'd?

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
GTZfan

Post by GTZfan »

Absolutely clean car, very tastefully modded. Not that this is much of a surprise, considering your 2.2T :)
Really unique colour, and I too find the Indy seats match in a good way.
Baims_91Base wrote: [...]- replacing the plastic "b-pillar" cover/trim pieces to the rear of the door handles. They were metal until 94, and then GM decided to cut costs there apparently. [...]
I am mostly fond of 91-92 Berettas (pretty much no Beretta '93 and up to be found in Europe), so that actually shocked me a little bit! Never heard of that before, but I always admired that these parts were nicely done in alumium on my cars. Good upgrade.

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser
Baims_91Base

Post by Baims_91Base »

bonecrrusher wrote:Did this car get turbo'd?
The '94 DGGM has no plans to be boosted any time soon. The '91 however...well, soon. I need to resurrect the '91 base' thread in this section with some updates.
GTZfan wrote:Absolutely clean car, very tastefully modded. Not that this is much of a surprise, considering your 2.2T :)
Really unique colour, and I too find the Indy seats match in a good way.
Baims_91Base wrote: [...]- replacing the plastic "b-pillar" cover/trim pieces to the rear of the door handles. They were metal until 94, and then GM decided to cut costs there apparently. [...]
I am mostly fond of 91-92 Berettas (pretty much no Beretta '93 and up to be found in Europe), so that actually shocked me a little bit! Never heard of that before, but I always admired that these parts were nicely done in alumium on my cars. Good upgrade.
Thank you sir! :D

weba

Post by weba »

After all these years, this car still looks great :o

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

Nice update to the thread Dutin. I still prefer the GTU wheels, sorry. Glad it got lowered, looks so much better! Clean as always!

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo