MY91GT(Z)

Re: My 96' Z26

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

I miss my gp sometimes n Im intrigued how they would looked frosted

Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

well a little update on the intake job.
Me and my buddy tore into it, of course nice and milky and sludgy in there. replaced the LIM gasket with the metal felpro one and put new plugs, plug wires, ran oil cleaner through it and did 2 oil changes. All that and the car wouldnt fire... :/ . My buddy tested dam near everything he could. Its got spark, its got gas, but its not firing. So he said hes gonna take a look at it next weekend and compression check and do a fuel pressure check. Any of you guys run into somthing like this where when you put everything back it doesnt fire?

Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:I miss my gp sometimes n Im intrigued how they would looked frosted
on a side note, this is my GP, ive had her since 07'. Its an 03' model. bought it bone stock as a spare car and couldnt leave it alone lol. dont worry i dont plan on putting huge wheels on my beretta. I like the stock look it carries for now haha
Attachments
1511396_10100857988406591_3522452191282595212_n.jpg

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

:Bravo: Thank you for keeping the stock wheels.

Sure you have everything hooked up? :shock:

keep'em flying!
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

Money pit Beretta wrote::Bravo: Thank you for keeping the stock wheels.

Sure you have everything hooked up? :shock:
we checked literally every connection, every hose. My buddy wants to do a fuel pressure test and a cylinder compression test to see if maybe its the injectors or something else. Im just confused how it went from being able to start with all the old crappy parts to new parts and fluid and no start. :unknown:

Money pit Beretta

Somehow the crank sensor went bad? I have no idea, I'm a bit confused myself.

keep'em flying!
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Somehow the crank sensor went bad? I have no idea, I'm a bit confused myself.
hmm, we havent thought of that. Ill mention it to him and see. Hopefully hell have some free time to help me figure this out because i am stumpt at the moment

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

There are three plugs on the ignition module. Are you sure you re-connected all three?
There is one by the alternator that is easy to miss.

Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

okay so a small update on my beretta. My buddy came by again this past saturday and tore everything down and checked to make sure the push rods were in the correct spots, which were and put everything back together again and still didnt fire! it cranks for a while and then seems to backfire like its out of time but it started/ran before the gasket was replaced. My buddy said it sounds like its acting out of time but i dont know how it would have jumped time. So i think sometime this week or next weekend whenever hes available hes gonna check into that.. dam this thing is frustrating lol

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Unplug the MAF and try starting it.

_________
-------------
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

You should check the pins under each plug. I once found I had a misaligned pin that got smashed down under the plug.
It seems to me that something changed because of the work that was done. Components don't usually just "go Bad".

Money pit Beretta

You sure you didn't mix the push rods?

keep'em flying!
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

1988GTU wrote:Unplug the MAF and try starting it.
anything is worth a shot at this point.
jskiguy wrote:You should check the pins under each plug. I once found I had a misaligned pin that got smashed down under the plug.
It seems to me that something changed because of the work that was done. Components don't usually just "go Bad".
ill have to check into that just to rule it out
Money pit Beretta wrote:You sure you didn't mix the push rods?
yes, im 100% certain on that, only because we tore everything back down to the lower intake and rechecked each individual push rod.

If i cant get this thing running, my last resort would be to tow it to a mechanic shop close by and have them figure it out, but id rather try to figure it out myself and save the money. hell I bought this car for a quick fix to use as a daily driver to work and because like you guys, i have a thing for berettas lol, but man this thing is turning into a sinkhole with how much money ive invested into it so far.. but im gonna keep on and see! really want to enjoy driving this thing soon! too bad none of you are in Oklahoma lol

Money pit Beretta

Well thanks for the reply, once again I miss a post. Man I'm going blind.

Bad injector fuse? Boy I'm reaching.

keep'em flying!
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Well thanks for the reply, once again I miss a post. Man I'm going blind.

Bad injector fuse? Boy I'm reaching.
Its okay, and we tested the injectors to make sure they were working and each one sprayed their mist of gas, even put new injector rings too.

This past weekend was my bday so i didnt do any work on it, and my mechanic buddy hasnt been able to finish the job up, so now im left trying to figure it out. Seeing as im not as confident or knowledgable as far as figuring this thing out. Now im kind of looking for someone who does have the skill to get this thing going :unknown: