1994 3500 6 Speed ZR6

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
bonecrrusher

Re: The trip into the "big leagues" ..running and driving!

Post by bonecrrusher »

Any more pics of the garage?

3 car would be nice.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
SummitBalt08

Re: The trip into the

Post by SummitBalt08 »

bonecrrusher wrote:Any more pics of the garage?

3 car would be nice.
Actually my Dads house.. he just had a huge house built and the driveway was just poured a week before I took those pics there.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

Ah damn - setup looks good.

Nice seeing those Shoguns on the road again.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Summary of Bfest 2014 (going to be a few posts in a row)

The Z all packed cleaned up ready to go Wednesday morning

Bman Marc stayed in Sidney Tuesday night and Eric (raspberry Z26) met up with us Wednesday morning to start heading to Bfest

Trip went great.. drove for about 2 hours straight until I hit some car trouble. I was driving full speed no problems when the car just slowly lost power and was missing.

After the car cooled down for a few minutes, I limped it to the gas station right off that exit

We thought it was probably the ignition module replaced it seemed ready to go

Pictures from the gas station of the 3 cars

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Then back on the road.. was cruising great car was running strong. Then after another hour on the road.. it did it again lost power and I was on the side of the highway again. This time it wasnt missing so it was apparent that it was a heat issue of some sort. After it cooled off I again drove to the next exit gas station.

At this point it seemed I might not make it to Bfest. I had a couple options... I could pay to rent a Uhaul truck of some sort and car dolly and take it home.. or could do the same thing and get it to Bfest that way. Problem was what if nobody knew what was wrong with it at Bfest? Then I would have to pay another 300 plus dollars for a truck and dolly again to haul it home. If I couldnt figure out what was wrong with it I basically had no choice but to get it home somehow. I didnt want to give up that easy though

I tried calling James to see if he could help me figure out what was going on over the phone but didnt get an answer.

We went through everything we could.. Bman Marc and Eric decided to take off and keep heading for Bfest. They helped me out quite a bit and I am glad they hung around as much as they did.

After that it was just Autumn and I sitting at the gas station thinking about what we should do. After that I tried calling James again and he picked up.. we went through a ton of stuff checking everything. He then said I know the fuel pump is new and was just done, but you should get it to a AutoZone and check the fuel pressure on the fuel rail. I said ok and thats what I aimed for. Problem was everytime I started it the problem got worse.. I could only let it run for so long and it would shut off and not start.

Then one of my friends saw what was happening on facebook.. Andrew from the V6Z24 forum and he called me. I forgot he lived in Lexington where we just happened to be at.. After I told him what gas station we were at he said AutoZone isnt that far away and to let him know what I find out and he might be able to help me fix the fuel pump if thats the problem. I told him thanks and I would call him back

I then started heading to Autozone.. I got a couple stoplights down the road and the Z died again.. wouldnt start in all the traffic. Put the hazard lights on and popped the hood to let it cool off as much as possible so I could try starting it again.

After finally making it to AutoZone.. I rented one of their fuel pressure gauges and took it to the parking lot.. I called James up and told him what it was doing as I was checking it. The gauge read 20-25 and James said the fuel pump is definitely the problem. He said it should be in the 40s-50s on the gauge.. Then he told me to pick up a pump for a 91 Camaro Z28 350 tuned port.. I waiting in line and told the guy what I was looking for.. 3 in stock!! Lucked out!

Called Andrew.. he gave me an address to meet him at and he said he would help me fix it real quick.

The Z BARELY made it there.. kept dieing and would hardly start..
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

It made it though. I had almost every tool we would ever need just no jack.. Andrew brought a jack and jackstand then we got started..

Got the tank out ..

As we were pulling the fuel pump out.. this fell on the ground..

I think we found the problem lol.

Installed the Camaro pump and put it all back together.. which was a pain since there was 3/4 tank of gas lol.

After getting the tank back in and everything hooked up.. he said prime the pump a few times then start it..

Fired up!! Ran perfect!

picked up the tools put everything away thanked Andrew again then headed to the gas station

Even though I left my house at 9 am.. between everything that happened it was already getting close to dark and I still had another 4 hour drive ahead of me and I only had 3 hours of sleep at the most the night before.

Either way, Z was filled up and ready to go once again. Hit the highway!

After driving for quite awhile probably 2 and a half hours.. I started getting super tired so I then pulled over at a rest stop and walked around for a few minutes and grabbed a pop.

After that I felt comfortable enough to finish the drive.. loud music, caffeine and the highway. Back on the road!

Then about 1 or 2 am... I finally made it to the hotel!!
(Photo credit Ryan)

It was a SUPER long day! Glad the Z made it and everything ended up working out.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Then some Bfest photos.. Group picture and Tail of the Dragon

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

Had a BLAST on the tail of the dragon!

Sadly I only took one picture of the Bfest Car show..

Sunday morning before heading out..

Overall Bfest was great as usual. It always seems to go by too fast.

Since the forum is supposed to go down for a bit tonight.. After it is back up I will post a few updates about the car that has happened since Bfest.
Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Waiting on more shawn ;)

weba

Post by weba »

Thanks for the pictures (people should really post pictures here too, not just FB)

I've done lot of things but never changed a fuel pump on parking lot, that's intense. :)

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I still have trouble convincing others that FB is not the best :unknown:

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

As a non FB person, I thank you for posting the photos.
Talk about the right place and the right time. Boy if that was me I'd been stuck sitting in a tow truck.

keep'em flying!
themixer

Post by themixer »

i am also a non FB person, anyone willing to post more that would be awesome !

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

X3, 4, 5, whatever. Face-plant sucks, IMO. It does have its' uses, but I have no use for it personally, and it gets way over-blown with pointless everything... Can we separate this topic so we don't dilute Shawn's thread though? Thanks a bunch for the B-Fest pics, dang, I wish I could make it out to one of them someday... :cry:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

The weekend after Bfest James came over to help me figure out why the car leaked gas when filling it up all the way since the pump was changed on the way to Bfest.. Everything was put together properly so best guess was a rust hole in the tank somewhere. We then grabbed the tank from my parts car and its a hell of a lot cleaner

Last edited by SummitBalt08 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Shawn

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar