I am trying to sell my 89 GTU. Would this be a place to list

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Don6393

I am trying to sell my 89 GTU. Would this be a place to list

Post by Don6393 »

My GTU is in really good condition but I have not had any calls at all on C/L where I have it listed for $4500.00. Can I post photos here for all to see? It is listed on C/L in Louisville Ky as 1989 Chevrolet Beretta GTU, if anyone would care to see all the photos and description. Thanks for reading. I just joined here today.

DanteGTZ

Re: I am trying to sell my 89 GTU. Would this be a place to

Post by DanteGTZ »

I messaged you a couple months back, before I bought our latest 93 GTZ. I'm just down in East TN.

This is definitely the place for Beretta enthusiasts... That being said, I've seen your ad on Craigslist for a number of months now and the conclusion I've come to is the price is too high. Nothing against the car, as I'm sure it's a nice one, but nowadays Berettas just aren't commanding much anymore. There have been a few really nice cars to come up for sale lately and it seems like market is only willing to pay $2000-$2500 AT THE MOST for any Beretta, unless the mileage is exceptionally low or something similar.

I wish you all the luck with the sale - I do encourage you to post pictures here in hopes that someone sees them. I have been curious what the rest of the car looks like. Typically, prospective buyers of these cars will want to see the dash, door panels, and most importantly - door jambs and detailed pictures of the underside. Rust has become a real problem with them and pictures of the rust prone areas will help to give assurance to a prospective buyer.

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

After looking at the CL ad yes the car is in, or appears to be in really good shape, BUT the price is too high for the market. There aren't many out there willing to spend that on a Beretta with 120k on it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Don6393

Post by Don6393 »

Thanks to both of you for saying I am asking too much these days. I posted about 20 photos on C/L and it is as nice as it looks but have not received any phone calls yet. I had a Black GT 89 on there for $1900 and sold it, but it was missing most of the paint from the hood, roof and trunk lid. I tried to post the photos here but could not figure out how to do it. I really like berettas and if mine was an automatic I would not even sell it. Thanks again Dante GTZ and 3X00-Modified.

Don6393

Post by Don6393 »

Can any one tell me what " bolt on " modifications I could make on my stock 1989 GTU 2.8 to bring it alive, maybe add 20-30 HP?