Happy 2015 Everyone. Plans? Resolutions? Predictions?

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Asylum

Happy 2015 Everyone. Plans? Resolutions? Predictions?

Post by Asylum »

Should be an interesting year.

OK let's hear your plans and resolutions.

When I figure mine out, I will let you know, but then I'm old and feeble.

:beer: :Yahoo!:
Last edited by Asylum on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
90INDYLIN

Re: Happy 2015 Everyone

Post by 90INDYLIN »

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone ! !

90 INDY, '10 SS, 96 C4 CE (86,600 mi. on the Indy, 2nd at super chevy show, 02, 03,1st in 01, 04, 05, 06, 07,08 !! sadly sold)
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

My plan is to get the damn car done!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
neech

Post by neech »

Happy New Year everyone... And I'd say..the goal is to get the rest or the dents out lol

93 retta gt quasar
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Plan to hit low 12s and 13s n/a again.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

OK so here are my thoughts and plans for the new year.

First of all, Jon will beat my 13.47 N/A mark, but not by much!

And because no one else is building anything remotely significant N/A, that will stand for a long time.

Power adder cars on the other hand are springing up and I can see a high 11 somewhere down the road.

Personally my GTZ is likely parked for quite a while. However if my health allows, B'Fest is on my calendar. Other than that it's not moving.

I'm reverting to RWD mode and would like to get back to Bracket Racing this year. Nothing crazy, just mid to low 12's and consistent of course.

Thinking a Fox Body Mustang, or maybe an A-Body Mopar. Likely something turn-key.

The search is now on, LOL!

Woody's Camaro will be spectacular, but his 3400 won't see 13's.

Geoff's Z26 will be the standard for custom/style as it is now, only quicker. (Euro headlights??)

Slinky's car is a question mark. Those type of centrifugal belt driven blowers have never really proven themselves, but it will be interesting.

There are several interesting restorations underway that promise to be very impressive, especially a couple of low mileage ones.

More Euro cars and members are going to turn up.

The '90 Pace Car GM sold at auction last year will be sold again this year as Pattison is liquidating it's collection.

And come New Years Day 2016, I will not own a Beretta for the first time since 1992.

Going to be an interesting year folks!!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

I plan to finally fix everything I've been putting off on the Beretta, I really need to get that thing reliable again. This includes the subframe, upgrading the sway bars, and hopefully getting the hood I want for the car.

The Caprice is going through more of a transformation as well, including frame repair, long overdue maintenance and some bolt on performance items.

Personally, I'm shooting for another promotion. I went through two promotions last year and am now an Assistant Store Manager, why not shoot for the big one now?

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
Rettax3

Re: Happy 2015 Everyone. Plans? Resolutions? Predictions?

Post by Rettax3 »

Happy New Year all! Congrats on the promotions, whiteretta, keep going at it until you are happy with where you are, just be sure to look around once in a while to be sure you don't pass that stop!

The extra 20% pay bonus I just got at my job has some hidden catches lurking behind it that I really don't like, and I am afraid it may be pushing for a reduction in quality for the sake of the holy profit (um, the dollar kind of profit, not the actual holy kind, uh, never mind... :roll: ). I foresee major, unpleasant changes ahead for me in that department. Too bad, because I really do like my work... :(

Further predictions? I'll start with saying that most of the things we think won't change will.

I predict that bnet will continue to slow down in board activity, but will still be around and still be the best forum on the web. :good:

I do NOT predict that I'll have the V-8 Indy up and running for summer though -I got a lot done to it last weekend, but it looks like the engine is seized. :evil: I do have a 4.6 that will bolt right into everything that is there for the 4.0, but it still isn't my first choice, and I do not know the mileage on it. And no, I do NOT predict that it will EVER compete to beat Asylum's record, even if I could talk Jene into getting behind the wheel! :wink:

I also predict that I will NOT have the Z-24 tuned correctly for boost.

But, plans are already well underway for some other things. I am ready to swap-over the five-speed into the Yellow Indy (waiting on some parts). Yesterday, I got the GTU back out on the road (again), for the first time in a while -I had some tweaking to do on the six-speed's clutch slave-cylinder. I have really missed driving that car -insanely fast, with absolute ease. Still not sure the six-speed was worth it though. :Search: I got to commute with it today too, which was nice. No one where I work had seen that particular car before, and although there are no Beretta fans there, they were all appropriately appreciative of the car's performance capabilities. One guy said two or three times "But, that isn't stock. Right?" Couldn't quite seem to get his head around what he was seeing. :D

I got the fuel pump swapped into my '90 Turbo 'Retta yesterday as well (the original one just didn't quite make it to 25 years... :wink: ) The car was only down for about a week, and I am not out much of anything in the way of funds for the fix, plus I have a spare pump waiting for the next failure now. :roll:

Resolutions? 1920 x 1080. 'Nuff said.

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

2015:

I have sold my house and we are currently building a new house - so that will take up most of my year.

Corvette - need to remove the steering rack/water pump/balancer - replace the front timing cover gasket, need to install the bypass for the steering column lock.

SS - needs CTS-V2 6 piston brembos and V wheels, and the grille/foglight blackout trim kit.

Truck - just finished installing all new suspension, added a backup camera to the Escalade Nav unit, need exhaust + tune work.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
themixer

Post by themixer »

I want to play with chemical superchargers, work less and take more vacation.

Ozzwoman9

Post by Ozzwoman9 »

Well, I sold my wrecked car this past fall. I don't plan on getting another Beretta anytime soon.

I don't have any plans for my Focus other than to get the front window brow tint redone. I'd like some wheels eventually, but that may wait until I need new tires.

I have a 72 El Camino SS (which is not technically mine, but I'm working on that...it belongs to a family member). I've got a few little things here and there to do to it. Would like to have it completely restored eventually.

Major plans are to find another cheap daily drive for my husband and officially park our 08 Mustang GT and do some work to it. It's got some minor bolt ons, but I'd like to do cams, intake, etc.

That's it car wise. I have goals to be virtually debt free by the end of the year and that may take some major changes and prayers, but that is my goal. I'd also like to start slowly redoing some things in our house, like totally tearing apart the walls room by room and floor to floor one room at a time until it's all redone. Don't get me wrong, our house was remodeled before we bought it a few years ago, but I don't believe it was done right and some things are driving me nuts lol

Mostly you meet friends when traveling by accident, like by sitting next to them on the train, or in a restaurant, or in a holding cell.
1995 Beretta Z26 3100
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Asylum wrote:I'm reverting to RWD mode and would like to get back to Bracket Racing this year. Nothing crazy, just mid to low 12's and consistent of course.

Thinking a Fox Body Mustang, or maybe an A-Body Mopar. Likely something turn-key.

The search is now on, LOL!

Woody's Camaro will be spectacular, but his 3400 won't see 13's.

Geoff's Z26 will be the standard for custom/style as it is now, only quicker. (Euro headlights??)
My old man is selling his 67 Cuda...but it's not axactly turn-key. haha

And I think this will be the year my Beretta passes Geoff's as the standard for custom/style...since he's going with the egg-crate and goofy headlights! haha :burn:

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

Just wait... lol

I'm interested to see how it comes out. The beauty of it all is that I can always go back. But I think my plan with the lights, lip, coil overs, brakes, and wheels should set it off nicely... not to mention the boost, whether I'm able to do that this year or not (I'm starting it one way or another).

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
3400beretta

Post by 3400beretta »

woody90gtz wrote:
My old man is selling his 67 BARRACuda...
No 'Cudas till 70 :P

What about a 4th gen Camaro/Firebird? An auto can be had for $5-6K all day long.
Hell I'm having a hard time getting 7k for my car.