Turned 28 today

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
ifixalot

Turned 28 today

Post by ifixalot »

The odometer turned 28000 today. I've been busy fixing stuff like headliner, sun-visors, warped dash, coolant leak, brakes, a couple new tires,
rust bullet all brake and fuel lines, windshield washer motor etc.
I painted the wheels a dark gray metallic. I like it better than the stock silver.
One thing that bugs me, the driver's mirror is plastic and it wiggles when I drive the car. Is it just cheap plastic after market
or do all the plastic ones wiggle?
28k odometer.jpg
88beretta.jpg

themixer

Re: Turned 28 today

Post by themixer »

thats a pretty awesome find!

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

The mirror glass does tend to wiggle. I swear that it comes from some fool(me) finding the control cables in a knot and taking that out. Could be wrong on that, but I do remember doing just that on my passenger GM mirror. Yes it wiggles and even more so when it is warm out. Don't have the time to take the panel off right now.

keep'em flying!
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

Thanks for the info on the mirror. In the meantime, I think I found that the problem is it's a cheap after market mirror
housing. Both my 96's have plastic housings but don't wiggle. It's a thicker wall around the mirror than the plastic
housing on the 88. The whole thing wiggles because it's so thin.
When just the glass wiggles, I've stuffed some foam between the mirror and the housing to stop the glass from wiggling.