Committee Opening - Co-Chairman

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Committee Opening - Co-Chairman

Post by quad4berettagtz »

With my announcement that I am stepping down from the Beretta.net Committee, we are opening the position of Co-Chairman. Jon Chmura is currently also Co-Chairman, so this position works hand in hand with his. This position is a permanent position and would continue year after year until that person retires from the committee. I have decided to open this position to the general membership in search of a trustworthy candidate. Interested parties will need to apply and will be interviewed for the position.

If you are interested in the position, you MUST do these two things- reply to this message (FB or MB) naming yourself as a candidate, and PM myself or Jon Chmura (3X00-Modified) PRIVATELY listing your qualifications and why you think you would like the job. Professional resumes are STRONGLY recommended. We will consider each candidate on a case by case basis. Jon and myself will be making the hiring decision, but in the event of a conflict of interest or other extenuating circumstance the entire Committee may be used to confer and decide the candidate. Once we are done interviewing candidates, we will choose one person and announce our new Co-Chairman!

Job Requirements include but are not limited to:

-Overseeing the entire operations of the Beretta.net Committee. This includes co-managing the other three permanent, and three elected, Committee members to ensure that both day-to-day operations of Beretta.net are met and also planning and organizing events such as BerettaFest.

-Oversee Day-to-Day operations of Beretta.net, its Message Board, the affiliated Chevy Beretta Owners Facebook group, and any other affiliated FB pages or Twitter accounts.

-Oversee the planning and execution of the annual BerettaFest. This involves planning within the Committee in addition to working with Local event sites, potential Sponsors, and suppliers such as Trophy and T-shirt suppliers.

-Operate as one of the figureheads of the Committee, and be the "face" of the entire Beretta Owners Group to outside organizations.

ALL CANDIDATES MUST:

-have served at least ONE year on the Committee in the past whether as permanent, elected, or as local contact

-be at LEAST a 3 year veteran of past BerettaFests

-have attended 2 of the last 3 BerettaFests, with intentions of attending in '17 and beyond

-have a stable income and steady address... in the event that something goes wrong we must be able to get ahold of you IMMEDIATELY

It is preferred, but not necessary to:

-have leadership experience in the workplace

This job opening begins today (6/30) and will run until Friday 7/8. Any applications received after the 8th will be disregarded, so punctuality is a key. Decisions will be announced after all interviews have been conducted, and we hope to announce the new Treasurer within the next few weeks!

Good luck to all applicants!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Re: Committee Opening - Co-Chairman

Post by heavywoody »

I have submitted my application as a candidate for the Co-Chairman position.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions