New but not - Finally found a good one!

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
archi

New but not - Finally found a good one!

Post by archi »

Some of you know me, others don't, but that's part of the fun of it all!

I've known Adam (themixer) for a long time, and have spent countless hours in recent years wrenching, sanding, grinding, assembling, and most importantly, drinking in the garage where a Beretta of some kind has been a permanent fixture in the background. I've always liked GM's from the late 80's and early 90's and between Adam and meeting a good amount of the Beretta community in Biloxi and Ocean City finally pushed me into purchasing one.

However, I'm picky, and patient when it comes to cars and when it was suggested that I contact Matt (oldtimer88) as hearsay was that it was still for sale. Needless to say after a lengthy conversation all of my Beretta woes were erased and the planning was started to bring the car across the border. As Matt has talked about the car extensively in other posts I just have to say that it was everything he said it would be and the ride home was both comfortable and issue free (no one understood why I was travelling to NC to drive a 28 year old GM back 24 hours but that's okay). With some excellent support from Geoff (heavywoody) and Jon (3X00-Modified) and Amy on the way and Matt coming through on short notice with the one piece of paper that would have stopped the entire trip dead in it's tracks, it only reinforced how tight knit and supportive this community really is. It was also the best possible introduction to the Beretta community that my co-pilot and cup holder could have asked for and I can't thank everyone enough for that.

Now that my export/import is complete and the work can begin! The car will see some attention in the coming months and years to improve on the few things that it does need to be near perfect again. I'm already looking forward to next June.

James from Canada
Attachments
file6.jpeg
file2.jpeg
file1.jpeg
file.jpeg

Asylum

Re: New but not - Finally found a good one!

Post by Asylum »

I'm thinking of heading down that way in the next few weeks in my GTZ.

Never been past Montreal and looking forward to a late summer road trip.

Look forward to hopefully meeting up and having a couple of cold ones with you guys if you can put up with an old guy for an afternoon.

Eric :beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Wow, I just realized this has the same radio mod I did to my GT way back in the day. Unfortunately mine got ripped out of the car by thieves.

Cliff Scott
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Super clean. Love the crank windows. #becauseracecar

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
themixer

Post by themixer »

When do we cut it up for patch panels for all our rusty Canadian cars ?

oldtimer88

Post by oldtimer88 »

Cliff8928 wrote:Wow, I just realized this has the same radio mod I did to my GT way back in the day. Unfortunately mine got ripped out of the car by thieves.

That's because I copied you like 17 years ago!! LOL

oldtimer88

Post by oldtimer88 »

themixer wrote:When do we cut it up for patch panels for all our rusty Canadian cars ?

Ruh roh... :shock:

oldtimer88

Post by oldtimer88 »

Ol' girl looks good at her new home. I will admit weird not seeing at my place and in someone else's driveway.... I'm happy it stayed in the community... the last thing I wanted to do was craigslist it and see it destroyed.

I'm glad your trip went well and was uneventful.... your a brave man. I'm not sure I would jump in a 28 year old car I don't know and drive 24 hours!

archi

Post by archi »

oldtimer88 wrote:Ol' girl looks good at her new home. I will admit weird not seeing at my place and in someone else's driveway.... I'm happy it stayed in the community... the last thing I wanted to do was craigslist it and see it destroyed.

I'm glad your trip went well and was uneventful.... your a brave man. I'm not sure I would jump in a 28 year old car I don't know and drive 24 hours!
What can I say? Someone assured me that it would be problem free. Haha.

archi

Post by archi »

Asylum wrote:I'm thinking of heading down that way in the next few weeks in my GTZ.

Never been past Montreal and looking forward to a late summer road trip.

Look forward to hopefully meeting up and having a couple of cold ones with you guys if you can put up with an old guy for an afternoon.

Eric :beer:
Where there is a garage, there is usually beer. Just shoot one of us a message and hopefully we're both around sometime that lines up with your plans.

archi

Post by archi »

themixer wrote:When do we cut it up for patch panels for all our rusty Canadian cars ?
I think it may be once the winter tires go on or after they come off in the spring? If not I have no real plans this weekend, could pick up some cut off discs on my way home.

themixer

Post by themixer »

oldtimer88 wrote:Ol' girl looks good at her new home. I will admit weird not seeing at my place and in someone else's driveway.... I'm happy it stayed in the community... the last thing I wanted to do was craigslist it and see it destroyed.

Wouldn't consider it a average 28 year old car!

archi

Post by archi »

Minor update to the car: Put a non-sagging headliner in to freshen up the interior courtesy of themixer. Now just to find some non-flappy visors and we'll be in business.
Attachments
headliner.jpg

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Check with speedy on here.he might be able to help with the visors u may need

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
MillerZ26

Post by MillerZ26 »

Flashback of my second beretta 16 years ago. Black gt that i was fortunate enough to find a gtu in the yard and convert it. Looks good

Ron
93 Quasar Quad GTZ "Quazy"
91 White GTZ 3800sc "Sleepy"
88 Black GTU 3X00 "Frankie"
97 White Quad Sunfire GT "Soundfire"