Transmission

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
89whitegtu

Transmission

Post by 89whitegtu »

So I am in the process of getting my 1989 Chevrolet beretta GTU back on the road. But I need the transmission rebuilt anyone know of the best place to check for a kit? It is the 3t40 3 speed. Any help would be appreciated. Also looking into redoing interior if anyone knows the best place to find those parts as well thanks in advance.

themixer

Re: Transmission

Post by themixer »

surprisingly easy to find a rebuild kit for, but it might be cheaper to get a used transmission check www.car-part.com

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

I tried getting a used trans from a car-part junkyard. You won't know how good it is until you put it in.
The one I got had flakes in the filter so I knew it was shot, so I caught it early.
I bought a kit and it wasn't all that hard to rebuild myself.
I also bought books which are cheap now and there is a u tube video of a rebuild of a 3t40.

EPfiffner

Post by EPfiffner »

Not sure if this is the best place to order the parts, but I ordered an SK125 transgo shift kit and gaskets from [urlhttp://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/m ... de=TH125RB][/url], they have a master kit listed for $159.99.
Also transtar Industries, I ordered a servo seal kit and a governor housing oring from them b/c the shift kit did not include these items.
You might not be able to order directly from transtar but maybe a shop could help you.

ronaconda

Post by ronaconda »

You can definitely get parts direct from transtar...i've done it many times from the transtar store here.