Door Handles

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
tboy160

Door Handles

Post by tboy160 »

I have broken several door handles. Some by me, some by others. I had this last one welded, the weld was a little off, so it wouldnt open the door. Then I realized there is an adjustment of the bar that actuates the door opening. Curious if this needed adjusting and was causing the handle to be pulled too far. I did adjust this. Hoping it solves all problems. If not, has anyone come up with a way to fix/alleviate/avoid this problem of handles breaking?

themixer

Re: Door Handles

Post by themixer »

I have never broken a handle on a beretta, are you using aftermakets? I have a bunch of oem ones if you want to pay for shipping

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Properly adjusting the handle is one preventative measure. The other is to NOT try and heeman the door open under any circumstances. IE: Frozen shut, halfway unlocking while yanking the handle, drunken entry, and any other careless methodology.

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You should never be entering the car drunken... At least not the drivers side... LOL

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

1988GTU wrote:Properly adjusting the handle is one preventative measure. The other is to NOT try and heeman the door open under any circumstances. IE: Frozen shut, halfway unlocking while yanking the handle, drunken entry, and any other careless methodology.
With any car if the door is frozen shut, I use the handle to unlatch it but I will grab the door itself with my other hand and carefully work it open so I'm not stressing the handle.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Since owning Beretta's and grand prix's, becoming a consumer for de-icer products has been nothing but positive from my experiences. :D

_________
-------------