This is how the car currently sits :D
Attachments
IMG_1634.JPG
IMG_1624.JPG
IMG_1621.PNG

Dostom

Re: Beretta 2017 Autocross Spec D-prepared

Post by Dostom »

And done with the primer, rust is all dealt with and it's ready to be painted black, pretty good for a brush and $16 of paint
Attachments
IMG_1648.JPG

bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

When is the hood getting put on?

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
Dostom

Post by Dostom »

The fiberglass one? Previous owner made that a while back and put the stock one back on to daily drive, I don't have it

Dostom

Post by Dostom »

Did some more work to it, spaced the trunk to sit flush and got a the last piece for the back, looks so much better now
IMG_1697.JPG
Also installed some hood pins, the hood was a pain to open before but now it's smooth, the installation wasn't too bad, didn't have to drill the body at all, only the hood
IMG_1682.JPG
Last edited by Dostom on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dostom

Post by Dostom »

Annnnd it's black
It's not done but the first coat is on and it looks a lot better, the black looks nice with the black seat I have for it, I want to get some floor mats, and hopefully address the infamous firewall water leak
Attachments
IMG_1712.JPG
Last edited by Dostom on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dostom

Post by Dostom »

Slowly making progress, the car is practically as good as it's going to get without spending a lot of $$$ on parts because there's such little aftermarket support for these cars, so I've just been cleaning it up and making it my own
I got some 1.5" hub centric spacers because the gap with the fender flares was killing me, they fit great and made a huge difference
IMG_2039.PNG
The fitment is perfect
I also painted the fender flares white, I love the new look
IMG_2043.PNG
Last edited by Dostom on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dostom

Post by Dostom »

Haven't made an update in a while since I've just been doing things to make the car better
I bought the car and it had some problems, nothing major, but as my current DD they need to be addressed
it has a really bad balljoint, I ended up just ordering a whole control arm with the balljoint
After that, it'll need an alignment (it seems to have a lot of positive camber and a lot of toe as is)
High beams don't work lol, the usual beretta firewall leak, luckily no interior will help with that repair
He replaced the temp gauge sensor before I bought it, but it still seems to be running really rich, on top of that it has the usual SES light over 50 mph, and really inaccurate oil pressure
I also want to address the ABS light and now (even with the proper amount of oil) low oil light
Also the parking brake does nothing, I don't mind too much as I haven't had a car that's had a working one but I would like to get that fixed
There's a nice hole in the roof from an antenna that used to be on the car
Also a crack in the door, the drivers door is dented and on the inside near where the seat belt is mounted, it's cracked , I'm looking for a nice door with manual windows ATM
Other than those things it's a mint car, I want to focus on getting the little odd ends fixed then do some more performance mods, I might be keeping a lot of what I'm doing secret till Beretta fest 2018 which is close enough for me to attend :)

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Does this car still live on??

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car