Ship car by train between VA and FL

BerettaFest questions, comments, and planning go here.
yellow3800

Ship car by train between VA and FL

Post by yellow3800 »

I posted this in regional as well.

Don’t get excited, this post is more of an answer to a question that you didn’t ask.

I want to plan a berettafest where we could all converge on a convenient spot and go to (Yellowstone for example) by train. Hey, this is my first idea! However, I’m closing the box on this idea after finding that we just don’t have that kind of infrastructure. We CAN ship cars on a train however. Forget intricate shipping companies, where it’s possible, yet not applicable to this idea of transporting for 100mpg while our cars rack up zero miles all in a timely manner. In short, it takes weeks.

However, I DID find that it takes $250 to send your car (plus a $100 or more ticket for the owner) between wash DC and Orlando, FL.

https://www.move.org/ship-car-by-train/

So maybe we can plan a bfest in FL after all! NE people converge to DC, loads up, enjoys a 17hr train ride to Orlando. It’s different, but it’s not convenient for me in TN or anyone ALONG the route. We have two cities and two cities only. It’s either DC or FL… no in-betweens.

Just spit-ballin. I spent no more than a couple hours on this.

Andy

woody90gtz

Re: Ship car by train between VA and FL

Post by woody90gtz »

That's pretty cheap! It cost me $2k to get a truck shipped from Reno to NY and it was a weeks/months long nightmare.

Jeff floated the idea of a dual-location Bfest a couple years ago. I thought it was an interesting idea. Meet up at location A and do the first couple days there, then have a big caravan for a 6-ish hour drive to location B.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Godlike

Re: Ship car by train between VA and FL

Post by Godlike »

17hr of drinkin :beer:

90' GTZ 189whp NA 14.00@99 / 237whp 50 shot 13.3@104
95' Integra 240whp / 04' Z71 Tahoe/ 85' K20/ 15' IS350 Fsport
projects: 86 Bonneville 6.0 swap / MkIII Supra 2J swap / 91 Volvo 740