Painting

Archived topics from the Apperance Mods Forum

Painting

Post by Guest »

about how much do you all think it would cost to get my beretta painted? just an estimate

Painting

Post by Guest »

Probably too much...oh and by the way, don't be afraid of the Search button at the top of the screen.  Thank you.  ÂÂÂ

z284pwr

Painting

Post by z284pwr »

Hey its 3 in the mornin here, so I think I'll just reply...because I'm bored, I believe when my Berettas was repainted, we got estimates of $3,000, $2,000, and $1,500....that was to keep it the same color, they screw you over even more if you are changing the color...I don't remember the cost exactly last time, but come around Sept, I'll probably know....

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto
1988GTU

Painting

Post by 1988GTU »

For the paint job I wanted that included prep, prime, paint, & seal...  I was quoted 5k.  That was the cost of a friend.  8k if someone else did it.  Thats why my 88 GTU is white still.  Now for the bases I own cost me $2,500 for the one because of my birthday and almost free ( only pay deducible )for the other one due to a side-swipe.

_________
-------------

Painting

Post by Guest »

screw you over to change colors?? do you know how much more work is involved in changing colors?

Painting

Post by Guest »

hehhe... just paint it yourself.... Its cool when your dad owns a paint shop

Painting

Post by Guest »

yeah my friend said he would do it for free but i gotta drive 10 hours to get there so i cant go for a couple months just wondering about how much it would cost, im pretty sure i can wait a few months in order to paint it since it will cost that much lol thanks everyone

ErichZ26

Painting

Post by ErichZ26 »

Quote (modie @ Aug. 05 2002,12:51)about how much do you all think it would cost to get my beretta painted? just an estimate
$12 to $8000  just estimating

One of the members "attacked" his 88GT with 88 cent cans of black paint from Walmart.  I have seen my uncle paint a utility truck with Rust Oleum in a can with a foam roller...and i am not kidding it looked great!   The buyer of the truck did not believe my uncle used a roller, while it was not flawless it looked better than some of the spray on jobs...and he used almost no tape.

One member at Bfest used about $800 in materials of Sikkens pain on a 1990 GTZ, i liked it alot, just needed another wetsanding(he showed up 2 days after it was painted)

$300 a panel is about the going price, many shops will not touch this job.   The surface must be prepared, and this preparation is like 75% of the work.  

Your best bet is to wait for a slow time for a shop and get it in there, which is what I do with my cars, i tend to get a better deal.

1990 Beretta GTZ 1995 Beretta Z26 1996 Beretta Z26

Painting

Post by Guest »

I got rear ended, and it cost the dude $350 to repaint my bumber.

Painting

Post by Guest »

As an asst body shop manager I have to put my 2 cents in on this post. Here in Ohio in the shop I work at I always tell customer that your looking at LEAST $2500.00 then it goes up from there.My Webpage

Painting

Post by Guest »

okay well my friend said he would paint my car, he works at a body shop he told me 2 days to completely change the color and for it to dry and all, he just wants me to wet sand it with him

Painting

Post by Guest »

man 2500 for a paint job is a major rip off!  When i had my old tbird, b4 the retta came along, the highest quote i got was like $1500, for same color.  I could have had it done for 800 tho.  And my buddy said he knew someone that could have done it professional quality for under 1000.  IMHO for you guys cases....somebody is doing some major price gouging.

Painting

Post by Guest »

2500 is not a rip off, especially when you want a quality, long lasting paintjob.  I know that for $5000 you can get the best complete re-paint job ever at 2020 Autobody.  It all depends on the type of paint you use, Dupont etc... and the number of layers you use.  Etc etc etc.... At Earl Scheib you can get a 500 dollar paint job with a warranty of 6 years, but then, the question comes down to whether you want your paint job to last for the length of the car's life or not...
2500 is not a rip off, unless you are a stupid a$$ who didn't check up on your $hit...

Chris88CL

Painting

Post by Chris88CL »

Quote (UPCguy @ Aug. 08 2002,9:44)man 2500 for a paint job is a major rip off!  When i had my old tbird, b4 the retta came along, the highest quote i got was like $1500, for same color.  I could have had it done for 800 tho.  And my buddy said he knew someone that could have done it professional quality for under 1000.  IMHO for you guys cases....somebody is doing some major price gouging.
Try to keep in mind a few of us either DO or HAVE worked in bodyshops.  Thats an average market price for a decent paintjob.  There is SOO many different ways to cut corners and hack the car when it comes to bodywork that you seriously do get what you pay for.  Go ahead and pay your $500, but the guy who paid $2500 will get the last laugh and the better paint job.

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

1988GTU

Painting

Post by 1988GTU »

Tru dat

_________
-------------