Headgasket

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

I Was Just Wondering.. For A Headgasket For My Q4.. I Need To Know Which Ones To Go With..

Ok.. We Have A Store Up Here Called Canadian Tire... Now They Have Headgaskets For $130 They Come With All The Gaskets Needed To Do The Job.. They Are Made By Felpro.. I Don't Know If You Guys Have Them In The States But If You Do I Need To Know Which Is Better

The Other Decision I Have Is Get Them At The Dealership I Work For.. They Are GM's Headgaskets And They Are $230 for All Of The Gaskets.. Now I Don't Know Who Makes GM's Gaskets But If It Is Felpro Then I Should Just Save $100.. But If They Arnt.. But They Are Just As Good Then I Will Save $100 But If They Are Better Then I Will Spend The Extra $100

Let Me Know

Felpro Or GM

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

use the gm ones. i donno which is better, but i would assume gm has learned from there mistake and have better ones now.

you will also need the timing chain housing seals and gaskets, which do not come with the kit you are talking about.  that is an extra hundred bucks, or you may choose to reuse the old one. its made out of that rubber stuff.

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

that $230 includes everything.. cause I do have to buy some other ones.. so we priced out ALL gaskets that I need..

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

Also I work for GM.. so I get a discount

bonecrrusher

Headgasket

Post by bonecrrusher »

Get the felpro!!! Its much much better than the GM unit and its made for abuse and extra power.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

Ive used Fel-Pro gasket for @9 years know.  Unless they dont make it I use Fel-Pro.. They are quality name brand parts that just about every auto store carrys.  They make kits for just about everything Ive ever worked on and in 9 years thats quite alot.  Ive tried other companys and had front seals come out in 30 mins, Head gaskets that were fine until you actually RAN the car, etc...., etc...  I personally hate having to do a job twice if I screwed it up.  Much less if its a faulty part, gasket, etc...   For certain things factory is better------But this is not one of those cases.. Save a $100 and do something special to it while youve got it apart.   You know Valve job, Intake, Ignition, Make your baby HAPPY!!

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

I've just finished putting my quad back together with Felpro gaskets and I was very pleased with the quality of the set. They had a whole Felpro kit for the top end of the quad that included everything needed to do the head, it even had new injector and fuel line o-rings. The only thing the kit didn't have was the oil pan and rear main seal gaskets, which you won't be needing anyway. I wouldn't recommend anything but Felpro from now on.

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

p.s. - If NASCAR uses them I think they'll work for us!

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

think about it this way, what gasket originally came in your car?  GM..  And which gasket is notorious for failing?  GM..  So which gasket brand do I use? FelPro...

Headgasket

Post by Guest »

thanks.. yeah felpro it is.. I will save myself $100 thanks for the input guys