Rear defrost

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Rear defrost

Post by Guest »

You know how on the rear defrost there is two connection points one on the left and one on the right well my right connection point to the glass has fallen off some how.  Does anyone know how to reconnect it to the glass? Is there some type of glue or something that I could use or can I just heat it up?  I was told that it is hard to do this due to cracking of the glass with using the heat.  Any suggestions? Thanks.

Rear defrost

Post by Guest »

I think most auto part stores carry a rear defroster repair kit that would help you out. Its the connection directly onto the window that broke off right? A defrost repair kit should fix that.

Rear defrost

Post by Guest »

I thought those repair kits were for the heating elements.....as for the connection points...I don't know....I could be wrong about the kits however.

Rear defrost

Post by Guest »

Yes it is the connection directly onto the window that broke off.  I will have to go and ask some one at Auto Zone or Murray's see what they say.  I checked around the store and did not see anything so I will just have to ask.  Thanks for the help.