1992 Quasar Beretta GTZ - Updated.

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
SuzukiGhostRider

1992 Quasar Beretta GTZ - Updated.

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

So, after a VERY long trip to Salt Lake City , Utah (11 hours ONE way for me) and the tail end of an EXHAUSTING day of being up 37 hours straight, I did nothing last night but come home, make a short post I was home with the car and I crashed the gently caress out. :D

Today, I took pics of her AS I RECEIVED her. Filthy. I also got her running again. Put a brand new CKPS in it just because, and also a brand new ICM, which was the reason she wouldn't run. Easy fix. I don't mind, I got the car for cheap BECAUSE the previous owner couldn't figure out how to fix it. :D

Took it out for a spin to learn my new girl. Found out the following.

1. Runs like a champion!! Smooth power, VERY tight smooth shifting gear box, good OP, and runs in the normal temp range.

2. She needs a multi-function switch. Can't switch the brights on at all, and I have to hold the Left blinker down. It won't click down at all.

3. I detected a small puddle on her in the driveway. Coolant. Not good. Looked and , as is typical with this CHEAP ASS GM design on the radiators, the PLASTIC driver's tank is hairline cracked halfway up. So first thing tomorrow, New radiator. Blah...

4. The spark plugs look like they are original ,lol. BADDDD. New plugs tomorrow.

5. Clean, but used oil. Gets an oil change tomorrow.

6. FILTHY engine bay. Gets cleaned up tomorrow.

7. Needs a blower motor fan. Also tomorrow.

LOL! I'm gonna be busy tomorrow!! :D

8. Shocks and struts ride VERY nicely! Car handles as if on rails, bumpy roads ride nicely! Love that part!

9. Needs one right rear side marker bulb and ALL of the spoiler bulbs replaced. Guess what? Yup, you guessed it. Tomorrow.

10. Window regulator on the driver's side is not even attached to the window. I can hear it clang back and forth when I turn. Motor makes zero noise when working the switch. Guessing whoever detached the regulator unplugged the motor to keep any morons from trying the window....

Yup, you guessed it. I take it apart tomorrow and find out. Rofl.

11. I was informed the heat won't "blow". Betting on a blower motor as it indeed doesn't. Gonna check fuses first though. You know, keeping it simple.

12. Radio and speakers sound GREAT! :D Happy there.

First things first, she's gets a DEEP vacuum and a bath on the way to my shop in the morning. Then the rest of the work.

So, on to the pics. I know what a bunch of pic whores you all are! :P

Glove box is re-installed now (not sure why it was out...)dash has the oh so typical warp spot. Interior is filthy. Not my doing. I think most of you have seen what a neat freak I am with MY cars. Enjoy. Comments welcome.

Don't mind the purple GT-T. Had her up doing some more motor work on her. Gee .... I guess that means the people that ask me if I still have it will know now.... Damn. And yeah, it hauls ass too... :P

Last edited by SuzukiGhostRider on Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.

SuzukiGhostRider

Re: 1992 Quasar Beretta GTZ

SuzukiGhostRider

Oh, did I mention? This thing hauls some serious ass! Got to 115 mph QUICK!! :D

I will post some cleaned up pics tomorrow or Tuesday.
Last edited by SuzukiGhostRider on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Hmm, no wonder he put the pic up of the car he did, that damage to the front right sucks, and oh how typical of the front lip.

Man, that interior is just plain nasty! Who can let their car get that way? I mean really! Glad to hear it runs like a dream, too bad i didnt see it, i would have been all over it if i did.

Nice pick up Mike!

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
SuzukiGhostRider

Thanks man. Hell, I forgot the under hood shot. I'll get it up tomorrow.

I got a Quasar, I got a Quasar, it's so sexy..... Wanna a ride? PSYCH! :P

New sig in progress... :D
Last edited by SuzukiGhostRider on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

no, but i will race you when my car is back on the road :D hee hee

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Besides the front right fender and hood, is their any rust else where?

I almost had that car shipped to me, but I got tied up with work and didn't have time to talk to my transporter.

_________
-------------
SuzukiGhostRider

Haha, DEAL!

Damn, just realized, my driveway looks like a used car lot with the pickups (Yeah, that's a lifted '97 Powerstroke 4x4 in the background and it runs like a champ!) and cars. And that's just my FRONT yard! :D Man, I need a hobby... Wait, have one! :P

SuzukiGhostRider

1988GTU wrote:Besides the front right fender and hood, is their any rust else where?

I almost had that car shipped to me, but I got tied up with work and didn't have time to talk to my transporter.
Didn't see any bro. Just a little on the engine block around the starter. That's it. Other than the damage to the front end. I need to run a Carfax on this bad boy. See if it's spent it's whole life in the Southwest. Thinking it has.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

That's a score for no rust! Rust is a MF'er!

_________
-------------
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Not too shabby! It'll be pretty nice once you're done with all the repairs and cleaning! Oh, I'm digging the 3 directional tires that are on backwards! :ROFL:

The pic he posted in the for sale ad must have been from when he first got it or something because it's super clean and has no damage! Just saying...

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
sp33d1nc0rs1ca

Post by sp33d1nc0rs1ca »

very nice find! just a little tlc.

-Alan
SP33D1N
CORSITECH
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah I questioned that photo when I saw it and heard what SGR described it as...

Also I just cant believe how filthy people can be. It's disgusting.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GTZfan

Post by GTZfan »

Looks good!
The interior looks like a garbage dump! OMG! Unbelievable how sbd can do that...thats almost pimp my ride worthy. Well there is one big advantage to those ppl. They usually dont hack their cars, mean adding wingZ and rimZ and stickorZ.
Outside, needs a clean and some bodywork and itll be good.

1991 GTZ Quad4 black, all original, low miles. Beretta Calendar 2008, 2009, 2015
1992 GTZ Quad4 quaser, completely restored. Beretta Calendar 2011, 2012, 2013 images of the shiny quaser
jackattack193

Post by jackattack193 »

Hurry up and fix it and then sell it to me :)