-88 GT

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
olovi

-88 GT

Post by olovi »

Hi! I'm new Beretta Gt 2,8 owner from Finland. Just bought my car, it's fairly good gondition with couple problems which has to be fixed before I take her on road. Fuel leaks from fuel lines/tank, don't know yet, it drops straight to exhaust... Turn signal system maybe broken, well they work, but smoke come's out (sometimes) between steering wheel. Powersteering jammed after winter standing, it came alive after hard turning :) Maybe new oil does good? And of course new motor oil, coolant and accessory equipment belt.
Pics:
http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Chevrolet/04052011420.jpg
http://akit.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Chevrolet/04052011421.jpg
Last edited by olovi on Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
BerettaMN

Re: Hiya

Post by BerettaMN »

Smoke from the column when using turn signals, its the turn signal switch, you will need to put a new one in the column, thats gonna be fun!

SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Sweet , another Finland member. Welcome here! Having trouble loading your pics but it may be my Internet.

There's a company called BG that makes an OUTSTANDING power steering flush that does amazing things. About $15 for a can but it's awesome.

Smoke from the steering wheel is BAD in any sense. Fix it asap!

The leak is likely the lines by the tank. Probably cracked from sitting.

Exhaust is self explanatory. Hope you enjoy this forum. There's a wealth of knowledge here.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Welcome! The wheel covers are a bit strange. Very nice car though!

keep'em flying!
weba

Post by weba »

Welcome. Whereabout do you live?
Tervetuloa. Mistä päin olet? ;)

KFLO 93 GT

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Imagine how happy Weba must be. :) It's rare anymore in the states to see a new Beretta pop up in town, let alone clear over in Finland.

The car looks clean on the outside, being either an 88 or 89 that car is a survivor. Joining this forum was a good idea, you'll get a lot of good help here.

Plus, Weba is Finland's Best Beretta Mechanic! :D

93 GTs
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

welcome!! That's an 87-early 88 GT!! With Tan interior! I love that color! Dude, you should post more pics of the interior and all around!

weba

Post by weba »

Seems like survivor car for that age, most of them are crushed or in really bad condition.

Most likely those tiny mud flaps saved it from excess rotting (can't say without seeing closer), and possibly the car is from 'up north' rural areas, where they do not use much salt, or it's not driven much @ winters.

Those chrome lookalike sticker things need to be removed. Also you can remove the added reflectors from rear bumper, no law requires those, it will look much cleaner after that. :)
KFLO 93 GT wrote:Imagine how happy Weba must be. :)
Actually I've been in contact with quite many (10+) local Beretta owners thru the years, but they have all moved on, not that many people over here own several cars (because it's so expensive here). And 2-door coupe doesn't usually mix with needs of life in the long run.

Also these cars are getting old, even if we have the oldest cars in 'western' Europe. Winter here claims the body, and inspection fails if the car has rust hole.

Most people consider these expensive to maintain, while actually the parts cost next to nothing if you order overseas. And not everyone do the work them self, witch would be relatively easy because of the simple design of these rides. Instead they pay the shop to do it, and shops will tell you that this car is 'exotic' and rape you on the price.

Owners here just need to know where to look for parts, local 'US-parts' shop makes like 500% profit with overkill pricing.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

weba wrote:
Most people consider these expensive to maintain, while actually the parts cost next to nothing if you order overseas. And not everyone do the work them self, witch would be relatively easy because of the simple design of these rides. Instead they pay the shop to do it, and shops will tell you that this car is 'exotic' and rape you on the price.

Owners here just need to know where to look for parts, local 'US-parts' shop makes like 500% profit with overkill pricing.
ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Sorry I deleted your post because I read it too quick and thought it was spam.
In Finnish, Kuopiossa majailen, kiva kun voi kysyä selvällä suomen kielellä jos ongelmia ilmenöö Car is 1987 model and almost rust free body. Trunk hood has rust inside little bit and front of rear bumper bit more. I have to take more pictures. Interior is intact but little bit dirty.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
olovi

Post by olovi »

Must be Finnish language, I replied to weba in Finnish :)

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes that threw me off since most seem very cryptic or are in a different language. I'm sorry :)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Wanako

Post by Wanako »

Mod fail.

:ROFL: @ Jon

olovi

Post by olovi »

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
beretta

Re: -87 Beretta Gt from Finland

Post by beretta »

Nice car. i like the interior color the brightness of it makes it look so clean.

Where can i get one of those dash clusters.... i want one lol..