best floor speakers

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
themadness

best floor speakers

Post by themadness »

suggestions on the best floor speakers for the front. mine are almost shot and i cant hear the back ones anway. do most any new speakers need harness adapters?

DTMAce

Re: best floor speakers

Post by DTMAce »

Yes on the adapters. You will have to either make your own using the connector off the old speaker, or find a place that sells them.

As for brand and type? Meh.

My biggest suggestion, is to find one that matches the fit and is rated for 100W RMS or more. The stock ones can handle 35-50 RMS as an idea. No need to go overboard with brands and cost. There are 2 and 3 way models, some of them can make the highs sound a bit crisper. Try not to use an oddball type sized speaker and cut your panels. Just find ones that match the style. They don't even have to look pretty. lol

Same goes for the rears. 6x9's can be a bit more beefed if you want, but all of it depends on what you are pushing them with. I use an indash 220W HU pushing the 4 stock speakers. You generally want the radio RMS wattage within 33% of the speakers rated RMS wattage. 600W speakers hooked to a radio that only pushes 60W is not going to be a good match, and can affect your sound. In my case, the stock speakers are over powered, so I have the low frequencies set low to keep from peaking them, and let the sub pick up the thumps. Eventually I plan to replace them, they are the originals.

As another example, my sub is using a dual voice coil, 600w generic brand speaker, 4ohms per coil, wired in parallel making it 2ohms at the amp, which is only 200W setup as a single channel. So it sounds beefy, though it really isn't. There are a few that can attest to that after last fest. LOL But its roughly at 33% of the speaker's rated wattage, so it sounds decent.

Hope that helps some.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

themadness

Post by themadness »

wish i spoke greek! 8)

i used to be in the know on all that stuff but times have changed. i couldnt tell you what brands are still on top. i used to run 2 JL audio tens with an alpine head unit. dont even remember the amp but i think it was a way over powered yamaha. it was in a band pass box with all the cool lights and crap. killed to the alternator and 2 batts.

just want to pick up some that arent fried. i dont listen to music that much anymore since i have a 4 year old in the car with me. he doesnt dig powerman5000 that much. but i would like for barney to come in nice and clear when he is with me! :lol:

def not cutting new holes and all that stuff.

wonder what walmart carries these days??? :o :crazy:

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

There is a decent audio site, I will have to find it. Prices are reasonable.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

nikosuave8896

Post by nikosuave8896 »

I bought a pair of vr7s I think there called for the rear and pioneers for the front for a total of 65$ not a bad investment the only complaint.I have is the FM cuts in and out.On the front speakers but it did that with the stock radio and speakers so my solution is using my iPod or CD player lol

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

keiffith

Post by keiffith »

I Suggest Kicker for the 6x9's and Alpine or Kenwood for the 4x6's(91+interior). i bought my stuff from crutchfield. you might pay MSRP but if you wait for deals you can get them for cheap, and they honor warranties.

92 3.1 manual base 190k Daily
93 3.1 auto base 275k RIP 'Joan'
73 Yamaha RD250 moth balled

CPL, USMC, Veteran/2111
Tazman

Post by Tazman »

A local dealer in my area closed their car audio department.
They had great deals on everything from decks and subs to wiring and connectors.
They sold me two 12" Infinity Kappa series subs and two 10" Orion subs for $180.00!! :Yahoo!:
Now that's one heck of a bargain!!

Not everyone loves a Beretta, But those of us that own one, love what we have.