Stainless steel brakeline

Archived topics from the Suspension and Brakes Forum

Post by Guest »

I've been looking around for Stainless Steel Brakelines on SummitRacing and I see a few different brands of brakelines out their.  I wan't something decent as I try not to spare any expense when it comes to my car.  First off, which brand would you guys recommend and what size line would I need to get for my 95 Beretta Base?  Also, should I replace the fluid with anything special as long as I'm replacing the line?

RebelGT

Post by RebelGT »

I've used Goodridge ss line before on my jeep, i think its a good quality product. I'm not sure if they have applications specifically for the retta, but you could probally find something for another car that works on the retta fairly easily.

Either that or you could have them made, theres a shop not far from my brothers house that makes brake lines and such.

http://www.goodridge.net/

NVMYGTZ

Post by NVMYGTZ »

No one makes stainless lines for the Beretta is of right now but, Curtis is working on Stainless lines for that application.
Also I beleave E have found a Co. that will make Stainless hard lines.
Now when you replace your fluid the best bang for the buck is the highest DOT rated Ford Fluid(Yea I said Ford)

RebelGT

Post by RebelGT »

anybody can make the SS hardlines, its fairly easy, u just have to get the correct flaring tool, not much to it... you cann't use a regular flaring tool b/c its set at an improper degree, and SS lines are not to be double flared afaik.