1992 Quasar Beretta GTZ - Updated.

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
Mr. Beefy

Re: 1992 Quasar Beretta GTZ - New Pics 09-18-11

Post by Mr. Beefy »

Yea Mike it's been a while. Doesnt mean I lost my love for the Burritos though, especially those Quasar Quad GTZ's. :D

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Well, got my two new window motors in today. Drivers' side will be a snap as it's already been previously replaced. Passenger side is factory , so it's drill time. Def more of a pita. Gay. Why the factory feels the need, even now, to RIVET in parts that are known to have a short life span is beyond me , but yeah....l

Anyhow, I should have them in tomorrow. Just a lil' update.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Do a write up on it. Pics and everything.

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

Why? Pretty straight forward. I guess I could though......

Money pit Beretta

The Chilton's is kind of vague.

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

Yeah, I probably will, just for you Money. :D I haven't gotten around to it yet. Been busy as hell lately at the shop, weather freaked out on us again (snow AND rain today , and more coming tomorrow, just rain, but damn, enough already!) so maybe tomorrow or the next day. :D

Money pit Beretta

Thanks SGR! No rush, the motor has been sitting for a year anyway. I can roll the window down once. After that it will stop and takes forever to get it back up.

keep'em flying!
michi

Post by michi »

Once you started to take the door panels off and see how the motors are mounted its really easy to swap them, just sayin. ;)

The GTZ is looking great Mike! Seems like you dont want to sell that car anymore? I hope so... better keep it and have some fun. I noticed the years how much you wanted a nice quad and now you have one, enjoy it! :)

SuzukiGhostRider

Yeah, unless the motors have never been done. Then you can't see the mounting because you have to drill access holes in the door shell after putting the new motor on for later removal without removing the regulator. It's automatic for me, but I can see someone being daunted by it the first time. If you're lucky enough to get a Beretta that's had both previously replaced, yes it's a snap.

Michi:

Yeah, thought I wanted to sell it, but people want to nit pick and offer bullshit money for a damn rare car that's pretty much brand new drivetrain wise and most of the suspension. Nevermind that MOST of the body is in good shape as is the interior. Sadly, I'm not referring to those "not in the know" outside of the community either. People bitch and whine about wanting a Quasar on blue interior, but want it dirt cheap or next to free.

On top of the fact that after not driving it for several months and then hopping back in it and going for a cruise, I fell in love with her again! :D

Thanks for the comps mate! :D

MPB: I got your back. I'll get the tutorial guide up with pics as soon as I get the job done on the Z. :D

SuzukiGhostRider

New window motors are in! YAY! It is SOOOOO damn nice to have both windows roll up and down smoothly. My passenger window (due to me putting this off for so long) has never rolled down more than 3 inches until yesterday. SGR = Procrastinating Bastard sometimes... :P

MPB: Your writeup is down as well brutha. Linky:

http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 517#p83517

SuzukiGhostRider

Well... I think next I'll do new rear shoes and a new rear hardware kit on the brakes. Also thinking , just for shits, giggles, grins and because it's been a LONGGGG time I think, I'll do new tie rod ends, ball joints, sway bar bushings, and direct acting end links.

Lately, I've also been considering this idea.

Dual side dump exhaust so I can keep the plastic tank, but do away with the huge bend in the exhaust. Thinking a 1 into 2 with a side dump just in front of each rear wheel and flat oval SCX type exhaust tips. I think it might look pretty good and sound even better! :D

SuzukiGhostRider

Re: 1992 Quasar Beretta GTZ - Updated.

Picked up my new strut bar at the Post Office today (thank you Styluss!) and installed it. Pics below. Also , those rear brakes I was considering doing? Guess the Z decided good plan. The wear detectors squealed today ever so slightly for the first time.... :D

Anyhow, unwrapped my new goodie, cleaned it up and installed it. My only concern is that on a Quad it goes RIGHT up against and on top of one of the fuel lines. Just barely and everything still moves easily, but do not like that.... Other than that it's all good! :D Quite happy!

Oh, and excuse my dusty engine bay. Haven't gotten to cleaning that back up for summer yet.... After all, I do live in the dust capitol of the country,lol. :P

GTZryda

Post by GTZryda »

Is that the trans dip stick next to the master cylinder? On my 90 its a short one on the trans.

FYI, your missing a hose from the front of the oil/air seperator to the back of the intake mani.

90 GTZ W41
96 Z26
96 Twin cam
speedy

Post by speedy »

that trans dip stick can be found on many quads and bolts right up to our quads, makes life much easier when filling the trans up.

sgr- how come you arent running a k&n filter?? lol.

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Thats the same fuel line routing for a 3x00 as well, you just need to move them around to fit behind or in front of the lines.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"