problem with idling speed

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
Money pit Beretta

Re: problem with idling speed

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Try a new TPS. Really check for a vacuum leak first. Also spray carb cleaner around the intake.

keep'em flying!
90GTZHO

Post by 90GTZHO »

Sounds like a bad Idle Air Valve to me. Do what Money said and spray around the intake to make sure you have no leaks. Next, check the idle valve and make sure its working properly.

Geoff
95 Base V6: Current Project; Work In Progress
beretta

Post by beretta »

is it the speedometer thats not working with the other ecm ?

i have a pile of ecms and some work the spedo and some dont but they all ran the car, i even tryed changing the Eprom chips between them and the spedo still wouldnt work so i think its a different wiring configuration with the other ecm.

try cleaning the connector pins in the beretta ecm and the wire connector see if that helps sometimes the pins get corroded and it wont get a good contact and will cause things to go haywire.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

the ECU should not be specific, its the MEM-CAL that you need to be specific to the car for the sensors to work properly.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
mike56

Post by mike56 »

tell ya this much--anytime on my 3.1 lumina euro i had an idle issue and a screwed up speedo at same time--it was always the ecm---i finally learned that the hard way.3 times it happenned--and no one suspected -ecm--in goes a new one --speedo works right and idle is fixed.---3 times