Black GTU with 13,000 Original Miles - DO WANT.

All craigslist, eBay, etc sale threads go here if you ARE NOT the seller
Burning_Beard

Re: Black GTU with 13,000 Original Miles - DO WANT.

Post by Burning_Beard »

Berettas#1 wrote:I dont see why so many of the people on this site think our cars will never be worth anything? Most the old cars that are in demand now, were just scrap 20 years after they were made too. Maybe I am too hopefull but cars like the one in this ad give me hope.
I would put a 23 year old burrito against any rice or kraut of the same age. Why those other models are in higher demand, I'll never know. Perhaps there's some sort of stigma attached to the Beretta, if so, I don't get it. I do like to compare them to mullets, "business in front, party in back."

This was "my" ideal new "muscle" car at 16, there wasn't much else that was American that came out with their new bodys, besides the gran prix's that was cool to me, and these ladies were and still are pretty fast for what they are.

I won't speculate as to a worth, or investment value, as I never plan on getting rid of mine, (I never know, perhaps someone would offer me a CTS as a straight up trade and I'd think long and hard about that one.) I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it, and talk to other like minded people about our enjoyment.

Like they say, put the gloves on.
Last edited by Burning_Beard on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1989 Beretta GTU 2.8 w/77k, auto.
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Post by 1990BerettaGTZ2.3L »

They pretty much are the muscle cars of their day lots of sporty models, high perf. Suspension options, and motors, call them what you like but you'll see someday when they actually age, even when the muscle cars of the day were in their 20s and 30s they were worth a crap especially in the 70s and 80s you could pick one up for Les than $5,000 in beautiful shape

1990 Beretta GTZ Quad,226 cams, 3.94 W-41 trans
1990 Beretta GTZ Quad 4, 3.61 muncie 5 speed (project)
1968 Chevelle 300 deluxe 327ci 4 speed M-21, 12 bolt 4.10 posi
1978 Chevy K10 Z77 Sport 4x4
1977 GMC Sierra Classic 25 454 crew cab
-Ryan
1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

Berettas#1 wrote:I dont see why so many of the people on this site think our cars will never be worth anything? Most the old cars that are in demand now, were just scrap 20 years after they were made too. Maybe I am too hopefull but cars like the one in this ad give me hope.

Thank you you seem to be the only one that agrees with me that's why any beretta I buy is gonna be sandblasted underneath and painted and keep nice not driven the crap of and oh man now we gotta scrap it, it kills me when people say they are parting out and scraping restorable berettas, and when the drive them in the winter too, rains ok as long as the underbody is painted and the rockers are protected then you golden but if all on this beretta forums love berettas so much why don't you love them the way they should be loved because once they are gone, they are gone!! And that's what people don't get when crushing a car, it's the same phrase I use on my chevelle 300 series website www.freewebs.com/chevelle300 remember don't crush them, restore them

-Ryan
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Dude, no one but a die hard is going to restore a Beretta. Let alone an ordinary base or GT model. Just like ANY other car they die, they die all the time. No one wants to restore their Beretta because there is NO market for the car! Look at the gorgeous Indy for sale on the board right now. $1900 an no takers? That's insane.

I've said it before and here it is again... No one cares about these cars but us.

And seriously? Don't drive a Beretta in the rain unless the under body is coated? Dude, we're talking about a car that was a mere $16,000 brand new, fully loaded! This is not a collector series 'Vette or an exotic... It's a damn Chevy Beretta! I drive the living piss out of my car in rain, hail, snow, sleet, dirt, mud and more. Why? Because I LOVE this damn car to death. Cars are meant to be driven. Only cars that MIGHT actually increase in value over time are frowned upon to drive and even then my thought it that a car is designed to be driven, that's why they have engines and crap. That's why millions of dollars are spend on testing and upgrading a car's drive-ability. Even if I owned this car I would drive it. Sure, I would drive it sparingly, but I would still drive it!

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

You did see that the Indy has a dark blue hood and no spoiler right?
I would have thought long and hard about that car if it wasn't for the dent and the hood.

keep'em flying!
berettaboi

Post by berettaboi »

i dont see a beretta going for over $10k in auction ever again... ok maybe if the convertible happens to... but otherwise there are so many makes and models.

beretta's were not sports cars... they are econoboxes dressed as sports cars. the corvettes, and WS6 package firebirds will have great value at auctions. even a perfect shape Fiero will go for big bucks, because they were a (semi) low production domestic designing feat (tried and rather failed, but later years were much better, but damage done in early years to sales...)

the 1990 GTZ's would have/had much greater resale if not for all the flack on the engine reliability... The engine still slightly did, but would have spiked olds and beretta quad equipped vehicle sales greatly if they got it perfect (which is difficult for year it was built-was pretty much the beginning of the compu/techy age... vtec etc..., the high compression/racing engine design)

4th one's a charm, 5th one is, beginnning to sound like this is an addiction...
95 black z26, '96 White z26 awaiting new life, and 2.5 mazda trucks
Berettas#1

Post by Berettas#1 »

I have to disagree, I have already had people talk to me and say, I had lots of great memories with those cars it was the best car I have ever owned, I wish I could find another one in good shape.

Your right though no one is offering me 10k at this point or maybe ever but there will be a demand for them and the ones in good shape will be worth a lot more just like the camaros,mustangs,firebirds, of the past.

1995 Z26 auto 3100 spfi (sold)
1989 GT 5 speed 2.8 mpfi (crushed)
1993 GT 5 speed 3.1 mpfi (dd)
1988 GTU 5 speed 3500
1996 Base/Z26 hybrid 3400-3500 turbo 5 speed

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L

You guys will see someday, otherwise I give up convincing and Ryan Im being mean when I say this but what u posted in that post you don't deserve to have that 13,000 mile gtu, I respect that you said you would drive it sparingly but the rest scares me a bit, it's like I said before you ruin a beretta it's all over your most likely never gonna find another 13,000 mile gtu!! Srry for sounding like an chump but it's true you guys are gonna be kickin yourselfs when berettas sky rocket in value someday

-Ryan
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L wrote:You guys will see someday, otherwise I give up convincing and Ryan Im being mean when I say this but what u posted in that post you don't deserve to have that 13,000 mile gtu, I respect that you said you would drive it sparingly but the rest scares me a bit, it's like I said before you ruin a beretta it's all over your most likely never gonna find another 13,000 mile gtu!! Srry for sounding like an chump but it's true you guys are gonna be kickin yourselfs when berettas sky rocket in value someday

Your wrong! Plain and simple! I agree with Styluss 100%! And just for that, here's a picture of my multiple car show trophy winning year round daily driver super rare Quad Z26 doing it's duty in winter! BOOYAH!

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724
Berettas#1

Post by Berettas#1 »

Haha I really dont care what you guys do to your cars both of you take great care of them. They mean something more then a pile of crap to you, and there is plenty of other people that feel that way just because of the memories. It was a really cool car in the 90s and before they started putting the Lt1 in the vettes and camaros it was dang close to being as fast as ethier of them stock. I would say a car that could keep up with a vette of the same year could be called a new age FWD muscle car.

I drive my car everyday rain or shine it is a car thats what it's meant to do. And I love the hell out of it and make sure everything is the best shape it can be. I really do believe at some point in time berettas will gain value instead of lose it, but thats just me.

1995 Z26 auto 3100 spfi (sold)
1989 GT 5 speed 2.8 mpfi (crushed)
1993 GT 5 speed 3.1 mpfi (dd)
1988 GTU 5 speed 3500
1996 Base/Z26 hybrid 3400-3500 turbo 5 speed

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

I agree with Styluss and scd, they aren't that desirable of a car, and the people who do want one want one for not a whole lot of money. And they are meant to be driven, what's the point of having a car if you don't do anything with it?

That said, I still do love my GTU and don't think I'll get rid of it ever, or atleast anytime soon.

@Berettas#1 Funny you said that, I always get those reactions from older people who had them new, even younger people telling me they love the look and stance of these and how they don't make "classic" looking cars like that anymore. Funny, cause I always thought they looked like a fairly recent design.

weba

Post by weba »

The massive window moldings and plastic headlights, along with huge gaps between body panels give out the age.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

Money pit Beretta wrote:You did see that the Indy has a dark blue hood and no spoiler right?
I would have thought long and hard about that car if it wasn't for the dent and the hood.
What are you talking about?? All of his pics have the factory hood and spoiler:
http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9680

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

1990BerettaGTZ2.3L wrote:You guys will see someday, otherwise I give up convincing and Ryan Im being mean when I say this but what u posted in that post you don't deserve to have that 13,000 mile gtu, I respect that you said you would drive it sparingly but the rest scares me a bit, it's like I said before you ruin a beretta it's all over your most likely never gonna find another 13,000 mile gtu!! Srry for sounding like an chump but it's true you guys are gonna be kickin yourselfs when berettas sky rocket in value someday
Sky rocket in value is a full on ROFL! :ROFL: Dude, the youngest Beretta is already 16 years old with the oldest being 24 years old. I don't see it ever happening. BUT, if it does, I will willingly take my medicine...

And seriously man, do you think I would drive THIS Beretta in the rain, sleet and snow? NO WAY! I was referring to Berettas in general as most of them on the planet now have over 150,000 miles or more on them...

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
scd88ga

Post by scd88ga »

Styluss wrote:
Money pit Beretta wrote:You did see that the Indy has a dark blue hood and no spoiler right?
What are you talking about?? All of his pics have the factory hood and spoiler:
http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9680
Did you even read the very first post or look at the craigslist ad? Guess not, lol. :burn:

'94 Quad 4 H.O. 5 speed Z26, Red & Rare! 1 of 896 Quad Z26's and of those it's 1 of 167 red paint/gray interior!
Need A Quality Used Part? Contact me at Posihead Auto Parts!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Posihead ... 3779691724