if it died today......?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
themadness

if it died today......?

Post by themadness »

GOD FORBID ANYTHING HAPPEN TO MINE.....if it did though i would consider driving quite a ways to get another

if your car killed over today(or wrecked) and was totally unrepairable, what would you get to replace it?

beretta's are rare here so i would probably go with a monte carlo or grand prix

GTU89

Re: if it died today......?

Post by GTU89 »

Crown Vic Interceptor, or another black GTU, preferably 5 speed.

beretta

Post by beretta »

themadness wrote:GOD FORBID ANYTHING HAPPEN TO MINE.....if it did though i would consider driving quite a ways to get another

if your car killed over today(or wrecked) and was totally unrepairable, what would you get to replace it?

beretta's are rare here so i would probably go with a monte carlo or grand prix
I would hunt down another beretta plan and simple lol. I sorta wrecked my 96 but will be repairing it and have another 96 to play with and my good old 88 that will remain untouched for another year or 2 just sitting there looking pretty.

I switched to a 99 lumina as a winter car and replacement to my wreck for the time being, i added a beretta steering wheel and next is a factory beretta muffler and z26 tips

speedy

Post by speedy »

i got rid of them and moved on... parts are too hard to find anymore, no aftermarket, ect... now the cobalt, if someone totalled that, id take them out for a steak diner.. but in a few months i wont because i'll have it paid off. lol

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

No aftermarket is what makes it fun. I hate my subaru for having an aftermarket because then everyone bolts crap on and nothing is unique.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

speedy wrote:.. now the cobalt, if someone totalled that, id take them out for a steak diner.. but in a few months i wont because i'll have it paid off. lol
That's how I felt about the Cobalt I used to have lol. I like my Malibu for a daily driver though

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
speedy

Post by speedy »

true, but like jeeps, you can open a catalog, pick a part, and its at your door in a few days, not spend 5 months trying to find that exact part for it to be beat up anyways... i understand where your coming from, but sometimes its just a pain in the ass, you know why i had a garage, a entire garage full of beretta parts??? from door panels, to bumpers, to engines, wheels, transmissions, ect? because they are soo hard to find that when i found them, i didnt want to loose it...

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
beretta

Post by beretta »

speedy wrote:i got rid of them and moved on... parts are too hard to find anymore, no aftermarket, ect... now the cobalt, if someone totalled that, id take them out for a steak diner.. but in a few months i wont because i'll have it paid off. lol
Parts are hard to find, thats why if you own a beretta you must snag up any parts you find available when they become available LOL.. never know when you need something..

PS.. thats maybe half of my parts. and im more organized now that i have 2 53 foot tractor trailers for storage.

speedy

Post by speedy »

^and that there is what my garage was... and one day... i said gently caress this crap^

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Another Beretta, but in better shape. The new cars are getting to be a real pain in the butt to work on also quality is falling off.
New cars have more features? I don't care or need them. Nor do I want the extra work that comes with them. I can check my own tire pressure, thank you. And I sure don't want to shell out $150 for a new sensor that some tire monkey damaged. There are too many features that are made for lazy or stupid people.
When the park assist and everything that has goes out have fun replacing all that.

keep'em flying!
speedy

Post by speedy »

your wrong there, my quad z26 was 3x more complicated then this sloppy cobalt, the cobalt has no air, crank windows, and a 5 speed, the belt go's to the tensioner and alternator, and thats it... they are so simple to work on i actually like it for just that!!! oh, and its a 2010 with drum brakes in the rear, thats the only thing i plan to change...

speedy

Post by speedy »

and if your tire monkey damaged the tpms then the tire monkey shall replace the tpms...

Money pit Beretta

I'm thinking more in the lines of a water pump change or having to take off the upper hose to change the alternator on an Eco. No cam bearings and there is more. I have never had a Quad so many of the things I don't like about the Eco may be the same.

I was talking about the higher cost cars. Do you really need a battey temp sensor?

keep'em flying!
themadness

Post by themadness »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Another Beretta, but in better shape. The new cars are getting to be a real pain in the butt to work on also quality is falling off.
New cars have more features? I don't care or need them. Nor do I want the extra work that comes with them. I can check my own tire pressure, thank you. And I sure don't want to shell out $150 for a new sensor that some tire monkey damaged. There are too many features that are made for lazy or stupid people.
When the park assist and everything that has goes out have fun replacing all that.

this.

compared to my wife's honda civic(apples and oranges i'm sure) its much less costly to have something fixed if need be. we've dropped close to 700 in the past 2 months for the "100,000 mile" service. after the initial service, it seemed like crap just started falling to pieces. my mom also has a 2011 tahoe that has been in the shop for electrical and cosmetic issues.

i would scour the planet i think for another beretta. if i could i would hold out for a red 95 and not another damn car i own will have red interior. no more maaco paint jobs either. ton of things i wish i could do to mine if i had the cash....... :Search:

Money pit Beretta

Guess I should have said another Beretta with a V6.

keep'em flying!